Your role as a Product Designer is to bring to life and envision how our core users experience our products. For our scheduling users, this means understanding complex tasks and processes and turning them into simple and intuitive designs, translating data into visualisations that provide new insights into their workforce, and making it quick and easy to communicate with workers in the field. For our users in the field, it means designing tools that fit seamlessly into their day and empower them by giving them all the information they need to do their job in the palm of their hands.
Our design process starts with understanding the context of use, user needs and behaviours and is heavily focussed on prototyping to bring to life ideas. It also involves close collaboration with other teams including Engineers, Product Managers, and Marketers to solve complex problems.
This role is a 6-month contract with our UK office, where we work as a remote-first team. It is suitable for someone based anywhere in the UK.
- Interaction design is the most important skillset for this role, and you’ll be in your element creating prototypes, mockups, wireframes and flows. You are able to take complex features and requirements and translate them into elegantly simple user interface designs.
- You’ve got great prototyping chops and can use tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, Axure, Flinto or Principle to deliver interactive prototypes of your designs.
- You’ve got an eye for clean and clear visual design, and are comfortable working with a visual design system to create pixel-perfect designs. You don’t need to be a full-stack designer for this role, but you should be able to work with and contribute to the existing design system.
- You have excellent communication and influencing skills. As part of this role you’ll need to be as at home explaining a detailed interaction pattern to an engineer as you are gathering feedback directly from our
- You know how and when to apply user research techniques to uncover user insights and get feedback on your designs, and you enjoy getting out of your chair and spending time with the people that use the product the most.
- You like to work as part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team and deliver real results. You check your ego at the door, and are comfortable collaborating with others to get the best result for the entire team.
- You’re a self-starter and can work quickly to take a design challenge and develop your own plan of attack, bringing others in the team on the journey with you. You think in “hours and days” rather than “weeks and months”.
- You’re a team player, and are happy to put in time to mentor and coach more junior members of the team
- 3-5 years experience working on digital products as a Product Designer, User Experience Designer, Visual Designer or Interaction Designer
- A portfolio that demonstrates proven experience designing digital products from research and discovery through to detailed design and launch
- An education background in Design or a Design-related discipline
- Previous experience working in a B2B SAAS organisation
- Previous experience working as part of a cross-functional product development team including Engineers and Product Management