Bestow is a leader in the modern life insurance space. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and a leading enterprise SaaS provider, Bestow is on a mission to increase financial stability for everyone. We’re a series-C start-up with a remote/hybrid workforce offering work-life balance and equity to all employees.
Bestow participates in the E-Verify Program.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Product Design team is focused on expanding the capabilities of our platform that will enable our quickly growing Enterprise offering to meet a large market opportunity. We serve the needs of our Enterprise partners as we help them to make their life insurance products more accessible to their customers. We work closely with cross-functional teams both within Bestow and externally at Enterprise customers to understand the needs of the industry and how our platform needs to evolve.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this Product Designer role, you will support the team across all our platforms and contribute to our design system. You will be a key partner in helping us evolve and scale Bestow’s platforms. You will be designing new workflows that improve existing products and facilitating cross-functional collaboration, testing, and shipping of high-quality work aligned with our objectives and values.
This is a remote position reporting to our Design Manager.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Evolve existing partner experiences through scoping, designing, prototyping, documenting, and shipping new features and improvements.
- Inform how our product experiences evolve over time.
- Collaborate with other designers, product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to collectively execute a roadmap of near and long-term initiatives.
- Think critically to solve complex software problems while maintaining empathy for the end users facing them.
- Uphold the quality of all Bestow experiences – both visually (following Brand and Design System guidelines) and conceptually (what our brand values).
- Work closely with engineers to bring to life your designs.
- Help maintain our “Kindred” in-house design system.
- Validate usability through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Present work to stakeholders and product teams as necessary.
- 1-3 years of experience designing digital products and services.
- A portfolio showcasing an understanding of information hierarchy and strong visual and interaction design.
- Effective organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital best practices —including responsive design.
- A knack for managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid prototyping abilities.
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU
- Find energy in tackling hard things. (Our company motto is “Make hard things easier.”)
- Have experience designing for a startup.
- Exhibit a working understanding of animation principles.
- Have contributed to a design system before.
- Are familiar with the insurance or financial industry.