Principal Data Engineer
Remote (U.S. Only)
Who is Blueprint?
We are a technology solutions firm headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with a strong presence across the United States. Unified by a shared passion for solving complicated problems, our people are our greatest asset. We use technology as a tool to bridge the gap between strategy and execution, powered by the knowledge, skills, and the expertise of our teams, who all have unique perspectives and years of experience across multiple industries. We’re bold, smart, agile, and fun.
What does Blueprint do?
Blueprint helps organizations unlock value from existing assets by leveraging cutting-edge technology to create additional revenue streams and new lines of business. We connect strategy, business solutions, products, and services to transform and grow companies.
At Blueprint, we believe in the power of possibility and are passionate about bringing it to life. Whether you join our bustling product division, our multifaceted services team or you want to grow your career in human resources, your ability to make an impact is amplified when you join one of our teams. You’ll focus on solving unique business problems while gaining hands-on experience with the world’s best technology. We believe in unique perspectives and build teams of people with diverse skillsets and backgrounds. At Blueprint, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients and teams, such as data science and product development, all while learning, growing, and developing new solutions. We guarantee you won’t find a better place to work and thrive than at Blueprint.
What will I be doing?
Blueprint is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to join us as we build cutting-edge technology solutions! The ideal candidate will have a solid background in consulting, with demonstrated experience leading clients through the process of building modern data estates. As a Principal Data Engineer, you will spend a majority of your time working directly with clients to develop their advanced modern data estates, warehouses, and analytical environments. You will also be responsible for overseeing and mentoring junior developers within the organization.
- Develop and implement effective data architecture solutions using Databricks and Lakehouse
- Optimize and tune data pipelines for performance and scalability
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines to ensure data availability and reliability
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and build solutions that enable them to extract insights from data
- Implement best practices for data governance, data security, and data quality to ensure data integrity across all data sources
- Create and maintain documentation related to data architecture, data pipelines, and data models
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and best practices in data engineering and big data processing
- Mentor and train other data engineers on best practices for data engineering and Databricks usage
- Provide thought leadership in the Databricks and Lakehouse space, both within the organization and externally
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in data engineering
- 3+ years of experience working with Databricks and PySpark
- 6-8+ years of experience with SQL
- Appreciation for the Lakehouse medallion data architecture – bronze, silver, gold – and how those data stages are used
- Working knowledge of DLT(Delta Live Tables) and Unity Catalog a plus
- Strong understanding of ETL and ELT data ingestion, acquisition, and data processing patterns
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing platforms such as Synapse, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Snowflake
- Strong understanding of data engineering, data warehousing, data modeling, data governance, and data security best practices
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience mentoring and training other data engineers
Pay ranges vary based on multiple factors including, without limitation, skill sets, education, responsibilities, experience, and geographical market. The pay range for this position reflects geographic based ranges for Washington state: $146,400 to $175,100 USD/annually. The salary/wage and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blueprint Technologies, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, orientation, veteran/military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital, or familial status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other status protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please reach out to: email@example.com
Blueprint believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k program
- Competitive PTO offerings
- Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer time to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development