We’re on the hunt for a Pre-Sales Engineer!
You will proactively work with Sorted’s pre-sales customers to understand their goals and match them to our existing products and services. You’ll be responsible for supporting the Sales function with the technical aspects of API integrations and the use of Sorted’s product suite to enable new customer acquisitions to be setup for success.
The day-to-day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Sorted so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Delivery of technical product demonstrations with a focus on advanced Product features and API integrations.
- Build, maintain & execute demo collateral.
- Early engagement with new customer opportunities to capture problem statements, goals and identify the best fit Sorted solution.
- Capture target Carrier Services and map against the Sorted Carrier Service Catalogue.
- Classify the appropriate customer engagement model.
- Create collateral to support the sales order & onboarding process.
- Experience as a Pre-Sales Engineer in a B2B SaaS business, demonstrating API First products & capturing customer requirements and success criteria.
- Proven experience of using APIs and technical tools such as Postman to model a customer during a demonstration.
- A solid background in logistics, warehousing or retail operations and an understanding of shipping carriers.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Experience in responding to RFI/RFP’s
And it would be super great if you had:
- You know what it’s like to work in a scale up company
- An educational background in software development, such as and IT or Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Experience working in a company where the Customer is onboarded through a consultative process (i.e not fully self serve)
- Generous holiday allowance: How does 40 days per year sound? How about an extra day for your birthday also? You got it!
- Work isn’t somewhere where you go, it is something that you do: Our roles are mainly remote-first (within the UK), but our Manchester and London offices are always free, should you ever want to pop in for the day. We also have access to a variety of collaboration spaces throughout the UK, giving you greater access to a workspace should you not live near our offices.
- Develop with Sorted: Your development is our priority. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and let us help you achieve it. On top of our ongoing training programmes, you can use your £200 annual development fund on any training courses of your choice. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Sorted too.
- Your well-being matters: Private Health for everyone that works here including optical and dental cover. We also give you Life Assurance, and everyone has access to our employee assistance programme.
- Supporting your family: We offer qualifying Sorted employees 20 weeks of fully paid maternity and shared parental leave.
- Pension: We match pension contributions up to 5%
- Our team: We’re an energetic and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Sorted wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. If there is anything you need to help you participate fully in the interview process, we’d like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application.
Come join us!