Hi, I’m Jen, VP of People at Customer.io and I’m looking for a People Operations Manager to join our growing People team.
As an integral part of a small but impactful and collaborative team, the People Operations Manager will create, own, and implement our People Ops and HR systems and processes, with an eye towards scalability and sustainability as we grow and add new team members worldwide. You will lead with empathy and evaluate how every policy, program, and policy is developed and received with a people-first approach. This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact and own a very important part of the people operations function at Customer.io.
What you’ll do…
- Support all stages of the employee lifecycle from onboarding, performance management, transfers, leaves, and departures.
- Partner with the Employee Experience team to build and evolve an exceptional onboarding experience.
- Manage administration of employee changes including benefits, compensation, and visa/immigration.
- Ensure compliance with international, federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; review and modify policies and practices as needed.
- Serve as a key point of contact for team members’ operational questions and/or concerns.
- Manage PEO vendors and onboarding process.
- Manage and evolve our company policies, including the company handbook
- Maintain people data in our various HR systems & databases
- Analyze trends, metrics, and engagement surveys to develop effective People Ops solutions and programs.
What we’re looking for…
- Experience managing a global, remote-first workforce.
- You are an exceptional problem solver and have a bias toward action.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated track record of developing processes in a growth environment.
- Strong knowledge of labor laws and recent employment legislation.
- Have the ability to influence across the organization and make challenging concepts accessible to our team.
- Love building relationships and promoting our people-first culture
- See people as our greatest asset and bring enthusiasm and genuine human connection to your work.
- Feel comfortable working independently and making decisions, but know when to escalate an issue or reach out for help
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,000 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $100,000-$110,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the name of a tool or system that helps keep you organized.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30-minute video call with Symone, Recruiting Manager
30-minute video team Interview with 1 potential cross-functional partner and 1 potential team member
30-minute video call with Jen, VP, People