Love, Bonito is a digital-first company on a mission to empower the everyday Asian woman and inspire self-confidence. We are Southeast Asia’s leading womenswear brand, headquartered in Singapore, with an omnichannel presence across Hong Kong SAR China, Indonesia, Malaysia and a retail franchise in Cambodia. In addition, we have also expanded into international markets namely the Philippines and the United States of America.
Founded in 2010, we are proudly female-founded with more than 65% female representation in leadership roles (#girlpower!). We raised a US$50M Series C round in 2021 and know that we’re on the cusp of something great, where we’re working towards becoming the most thoughtful brand globally, for the Asian female consumer, especially when it comes to our products, community and experiences.
There’s a lot more work to be done with all of our exciting plans. So we’re looking to team up with people who are wildly passionate about making an impact and be part of a dynamic team, in a workplace with no corporate BS (yes, you read that right!)
People are at the heart of everything we do. As our People Operations Executive, you will be a champion of Love, Bonito’s culture and values and will play an integral role in streamlining the operations processes of our organization globally.
As a member of our Global Shared Service team, you will be reporting and working closely with our People Operations Manager to spearhead all our payroll, leave, time management and expense claims management to ensure accurate and timely processing. You will also be supporting the development of people policies and SOPs globally to create a passionate and high performing team, in a culture of openness, excellence, collaboration, honesty, and innovation.
Main Responsibilities (including but not limited to) :
People Operations (Payroll, Leave, Time Management, & Expense Claims Management)
- Manage and execute the accurate and timely processing of payroll for all employees including statutory contributions and income tax reporting.
- Lead internal payroll processes and work closely with relevant stakeholders to collect and review attendance, work hours, and leave records.
- Manage tax and withholding records and deductions for all federal, state, local, or other corporate taxes that affect payroll amounts.
- Manage all People related external invoices and ensure timely payment of all the invoices.
- Assist in the accuracy of all payroll and claims reporting to ensure its within approved budget.
- Prepare payroll reports and breakdown to support Finance with monthly closing payroll reporting.
- Be the brain to trace the source of problems with a paycheck, troubleshoot payroll software tools, and determine fair solutions to paycheck discrepancies.
- Maintain regular communication with the People’s team pillars to ensure that employee records necessary for accurate payroll processing are up to date.
People Operations (Global Shared Service)
- Be a reliable point of contact for all employees’ related payroll, leave, time management and expense claims questions.
- Assist with tackling HR related issues and questions such as compensation and benefits administration, general policy queries, and other employment-related issues for all employees.
- Manage the invoice submission of government-related applications including internship grant applications, labor market surveys, claims, training administration, tax clearances etc.
- Assist with the administration of BIPO, Connecteam, Salary Board, and other new tools (i.e. scheduling, time attendance) that are implemented.
- Assist with the onboarding process of all new hires onto our People functional tools utilized by #TeamLB (e.g. BIPO).
- Keep abreast of any relevant legislation changes especially related to payroll and tax of Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia and ensure the team is updated.
- Support the country teams in the standardization of SOPs.
Requirements & Experiences :
- 2+ years of relevant HR experience with a good grasp of HR operations and past payroll processing experience.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred.
- Championing the payroll processing and understanding Indonesia’s payroll law is a must! Understanding Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore are a plus.
- Proven team player and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Good understanding of Employment Act and other relevant employee government legislations as applicable to the workplace.
- Experience in project coordination, or other document management or administrative experience in a fast paced, customer-centric environment.
- Ability to approach problems flexibly and demonstrate creativity in solving them.
- Has an insatiable desire to provide best-in-class employee experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to exercise tact, discretion and the initiative to efficiently meet the demands of our internal stakeholders.
What You Should Be :
- An LB culture champion with a deep understanding of the LB brand, unique proposition, and vision.
- A charismatic, trustworthy, and relatable team player.
- A high degree of professionalism, judgment, and discretion.
- Extremely meticulous to a fault!
- A genuine curiosity to know how things work and how to make them better.
- A growth mindset and desire to constantly iterate, improve, and upskill oneself.
- Excellent judgment and an ability to think beyond and for the long-term.
- A passion and knack for problem solving and thinking ‘out of the box’ and coming up with solutions that are scalable and cost-efficient.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to present ideas; and build strong relationships with stakeholders across all functions and levels.
Strong collaborative attitude.