iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable bio sensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 2 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need – answers.
About this Role
iRhythm is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Payroll Manager. The role can be based remotely in the US. Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, we are passionate about delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and the patient experience. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team today!
The Payroll Manager is critical to supporting our rapid growth, working closely with accounting, human resources, and operations, and is responsible for managing payroll processes for our domestic, multi-state operations in the US and assisting in month/quarter-end close activities. The position manages a team of payroll analysts and our third-party payroll processor.
- Manage the bi-weekly, multi-state payroll cycle for exempt and non-exempt employees and monthly international payrolls for all compensation, including salaries, bonuses, and commissions.
- Work with HR to ensure new hires, state-to-state movements, terminations, status changes, LOAs, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, rate changes, retroactive adjustments, and special pays are correctly recorded in the payroll system and documented.
- Manage all deductions, including garnishments, flexible spending plans, retirement plans, and benefits contributions, as well as election changes for 401(k) participation.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions about their pay, deductions, or payroll processes.
- Assist with accounting entries for all payroll cycles and monthly accrual entries, including wages, commissions, bonuses, vacation, and travel.
- Develop an annual payroll calendar, including transmission and pay dates, and make ke available to employees and on the company’s internal intranet.
- Ensure that earnings from equity grants are appropriately reflected in W-2 treatment.
- Assist with quarter-end close activities, including preparation of any auditor-requested schedules and other support.
- Generate payroll-related reports, such as biweekly expense, PTO, Department of Labor Statistics reports, etc.; develop ad hoc reports as needed.
- Work with third-party payroll processors to produce all year-end reporting and returns (e.g., W2-W2C).
- Communicate with team members, managers, business partners, vendors, and field staff to research and resolve issues
- Comply with all company policies and departmental procedures, ensuring honest and ethical conduct at all times.
- Keep abreast of policies, procedures, and current developments in payroll accounting, auditing, state, local, and federal laws, and industry trends.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s internal controls and documentation requirements (SOX). Design and implement improvements to processes and controls while maintaining appropriate segregation of duties between HR and Finance as well as within Finance to address business changes, increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Work with IT and HR to ensure data integrity and system setup.
- Other ad-hoc special projects
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation and American Payroll Association (APA) membership a plus.
- At least 5+ years’ payroll and accounting experience in a multi-state payroll department with high volume operations.
- At least three years leading and managing a team.
- Must have experience working in a public company and SOX experience. Also, experience with quarterly auditor reviews and equity grants (options, RSUs, and ESPP) is a plus
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of UKG preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel. Must be proficient in other standard workplace applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
What is in it for you
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary package and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off.
iRhythm also provides additional benefits, including 401K (w/ company match), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, annual organizational/cultural committee events, and more!
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.