Electric is the industry leader in providing world-class IT technology and real-time support for small and mid-sized businesses. With over 1,000 customers and more than 45,000 employee end-users, Electric’s IT platform includes real-time support powered by 200+ IT technicians, security, device & inventory management, network & server management, application & cloud management, employee on-boarding, and off-boarding, procurement & provisioning, and data monitoring & insights. Electric is a Series D company funded by an all-star team of investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, 01 Advisors, Primary Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Slack, Atreides Management, Vintage Investment Partners, and Greenspring Associates.
Electric has over 600 employees and is led by a seasoned executive team. Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement.
We are looking for an experienced payroll professional to join Electric as a Payroll Manager. The ideal candidate will oversee the daily operations of the Payroll function, managing end-to-end processes to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and compliance. The candidate must be highly analytical, organized, and skilled at communication and problem-solving. Additionally, this person will be an energetic, hands-on individual who can embrace organizational change and work collaboratively with others, including the People Ops and Finance teams. This position, as an individual contributor, reports to the Senior Director, People.
What you’ll do
- Process multi-state U.S. payroll accurately, timely, and efficiently in compliance with all federal, state/provincial, local, and regulatory requirements for 500+ exempt and non-exempt employees
- Audit timesheet records each pay cycle to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness by employees and management
- Liaise with payroll and tax vendors to ensure timely registration of state and local payroll tax accounts, and year-end payroll processing (tax year-end reports, W2s).
- Liaise with the People Operations Team, on any employee related payroll issues such as retroactive salary changes, benefits, leaves of absence, PTO, bonus payments and special/ad-hoc circumstances.
- Handle all federal, state, and local payroll correspondences and work closely with the Company’s payroll provider to ensure all required filings are submitted timely
- Facilitate bi-weekly payroll overview session for all new hires
- Support employees with all payroll and timesheet related inquiries
- Serve as the primary contact for payroll audit requests; providing records and documentation, as needed, in collaboration with other members of the finance team and other departments
- Facilitate process improvements to operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency
- Partner with the People Operations team to identify opportunities for system and process enhancements as it relates to payroll and timesheet management
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, benefit deductions, etc.)
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- 5+ years of payroll related experience
- Ultimate Software/UKG Pro experience is highly preferred
- Intermediate excel skills; ability to use vlookup and pivot tables
- Extensive knowledge and experience in payroll including preparation, balancing, calculation, processing, internal control, and US payroll taxes
- Knowledge of standard benefits offerings, FSA/HSA and 401k, and best practices in reconciling related invoices
- A self-starter, who can work independently and can proactively identify problems, provide solutions, and always seeking ways to improve, even with limited resources
- Thorough and detailed
- Excited to be yourself and solve challenging problems day in and day out
- A strategic, entrepreneurial thinker who isn’t afraid to push the envelope and take calculated risks in the name of driving big wins
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.