We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
We are looking for a Partner Sales Engineer who is accustomed to working with Technology partners to solve customers’ most complex problems and close large deals. In this role you will work directly with partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support enterprise Proof of Concepts, develop joint GTM assets, and ultimately close business. This role will focus exclusively on Partners that are part of the Powered By Snowflake® program. These Partners will receive a special level of engagement, guidance, and oversight of the applications they build on Snowflake.
As a Snowflake Partner Sales Engineer you must share our passion about the Data Cloud, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at partners and customers
- Work hands-on with partners and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Snowflake technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and messaging
- Develop GTM assets (demos, virtual hands-on labs, best practices guides, etc) with partners
- Assist partners with architecting solutions that leverage the latest features in Snowflake
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 10+ years of industry experience with a minimum of 5 within a pre-sales environment working directly with customers or partners
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solutions
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
BONUS POINTS FOR HAVING:
- Experience with application development leveraging databases
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.). Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS or Azure services (S3/Blob storage, EMR/HDInsight, Data Pipeline/Data Factory, Lambda/Functions, etc.)
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents a reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado:
- The estimated base pay range for this role, if based in Colorado, is $142,100- $182,610. However, because this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake's commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive total on-target earnings of $163,415 – $210,001.5.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado with compensation that aligns with your location. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?