Partner Engagement Manager – Professional Services (Remote role in USA)
Rackspace United States - San Antonio Full-time
- Ensures the Partners adhere to the Project Governance Structure (PGS) for Project Delivery.
- Works with technical resources on Rackspace and customer side to gain clear requirements.
- In conjunction with the Partner Program Manager, Define the minimum project requirements and manages the agreement process within the (PGS).
- Updates the project schedule and communicates changes in baseline to required parties using appropriate tools and templates.
- Manages and leads key resources in the delivery of project in partnership with the customer to ensure acceptance, project closeout and transition.
- Successfully plots and manages critical path.
- Creates detailed test and communications plans.
- Maintains Project Documentation as defined in the PMO process.
- Adheres to the Change Control (CC) and Configuration Management process for the deliverables of their project against agreed plans.
- Assess and manage project variances (e.g. schedule variance); evaluate impacts to overall project commitment.
- Maintain forecasting for all Partner projects.
- Create monthly invoices for all Partner projects.
- Manages work package or project stage risks and produces an effective plan and risk assessment so that timelines and costs are agreed to by all parties.
- Ensures that formal review and approval procedures are used.
- Builds and manages the relationship with key stakeholders (customer, subcontractors and Rackspace).
- Manage internal, Partner, and Customer stakeholder expectations.
- Track the project costs and support team in meeting payment milestones.
- Accurately plans and updates resource utilization for projects.
- Escalates any conflicting resource requirements that may affect the delivery outcome.
- Requests additional resources when required in a timely manner.
- Basic understanding of the contract terms of vendor relationships.
- Accurately produces project highlight reports.
- Leads a team of resources assigned to a work package or project stage in conjunction with managing the relationship with the Customer, Subcontractors and Rackspace.
- Provide ongoing direction to project resources and delegate appropriately.
- Provide tactical leadership regarding project priorities, timeline, resources, and issues.
- Provide performance feedback for team members as appropriate. Chairs lessons learned meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Business or a related field required.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in project management required.
- Demonstrated application of project management principles/theories/framework required.
- Solid, demonstrable experience managing small to medium projects in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Solid understanding of project management processes and frameworks.
- Strong skills in planning and schedule management. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid communication skills; written, verbal, reporting, presentation to large and small groups.
- Ability to establish and follow process.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to identify and address or escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
- Strong relationship and partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management.
- Ability to influence peers, managers and customers while dealing with ambiguity.
- This role is not eligible for sponsorship
- Once business travel resumes, up to 10%-25% domestic travel will be required.