The Partner Engagement Manager’s (EM) primary responsibility is to review, monitor, report status, and be the first point of escalation across all Rackspace Partner delivered projects. The EM will ensure the Partner is delivering defined concurrent work packages across medium sized to large sized projects that produce the required products, required standard of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost for the customer. The projects are typically of moderate complexity and have moderate risk exposure. Responsible for the project producing a result which is capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Statement of Work.
- Ensures the Partners adhere to the Project Governance Structure (PGS) for Project Delivery.
- Works with technical resources on Rackspace and customer side to gain clear requirements.
- In conjunction with the Partner Program Manager, Define the minimum project requirements and manages the agreement process within the (PGS).
- Updates the project schedule and communicates changes in baseline to required parties using appropriate tools and templates.
- Manages and leads key resources in the delivery of project in partnership with the customer to ensure acceptance, project closeout and transition.
- Successfully plots and manages critical path.
- Creates detailed test and communications plans.
- Maintains Project Documentation as defined in the PMO process.
- Adheres to the Change Control (CC) and Configuration Management process for the deliverables of their project against agreed plans.
- Assess and manage project variances (e.g. schedule variance); evaluate impacts to overall project commitment.
- Maintain forecasting for all Partner projects.
- Create monthly invoices for all Partner projects.
- Manages work package or project stage risks and produces an effective plan and risk assessment so that timelines and costs are agreed to by all parties.
- Ensures that formal review and approval procedures are used.
- Builds and manages the relationship with key stakeholders (customer, subcontractors and Rackspace).
- Manage internal, Partner, and Customer stakeholder expectations.
- Track the project costs and support team in meeting payment milestones.
- Accurately plans and updates resource utilization for projects.
- Escalates any conflicting resource requirements that may affect the delivery outcome.
- Requests additional resources when required in a timely manner.
- Basic understanding of the contract terms of vendor relationships.
- Accurately produces project highlight reports.
- Leads a team of resources assigned to a work package or project stage in conjunction with managing the relationship with the Customer, Subcontractors and Rackspace.
- Provide ongoing direction to project resources and delegate appropriately.
- Provide tactical leadership regarding project priorities, timeline, resources, and issues.
- Provide performance feedback for team members as appropriate. Chairs lessons learned meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Business or a related field required.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in project management required.
- Demonstrated application of project management principles/theories/framework required.
- Solid, demonstrable experience managing small to medium projects in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Solid understanding of project management processes and frameworks.
- Strong skills in planning and schedule management. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid communication skills; written, verbal, reporting, presentation to large and small groups.
- Ability to establish and follow process.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to identify and address or escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
- Strong relationship and partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management.
- Ability to influence peers, managers and customers while dealing with ambiguity.
- This role is not eligible for sponsorship
- Once business travel resumes, up to 10%-25% domestic travel will be required.