With over 2 million developers worldwide, Netlify is leading the transition to modern Jamstack-based web development. By uniting the ecosystem of developer tools and technologies, Netlify makes it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications
We are excited to announce our most recent Series D fundraise of $105M led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with participation from our existing investors Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, EQT Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Mango Capital and Menlo Ventures with an overall $2B valuation.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve managed to stay tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, we’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
We aim to create a company culture of empowerment where the best idea can come from anywhere, as we believe that empowered and engaged team members do the best work. We strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement—not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company.
About the team
Netlify’s Partner team builds our partner ecosystem by working closely with customers and partners across the globe, helping them modernize their web application development and infrastructure.
About the role
We are looking for a Partner Advocate to build agency partnerships with agencies that have <50 people. This person will build relationships with existing agencies using Netlify, onboard new agencies into our partner program, and serve as the primary contact as we grow our agency ecosystem. As a core member of the Netlify Partner Team, and first person in this role, this is an exciting opportunity to help build a global partner ecosystem for one of the fastest growing developer platforms in the world.
What You'll Do
- Recruit and onboard new partners into the Netlify Agency Partner Program and drive joint customer opportunities for partners and Netlify.
- Build multiple champions at agencies, including at the senior level, and understand their business strategy, organizational structure, and go-to-market focus. Become their trusted advisor and advocate for our partners’ needs internally.
- Build scalable processes with Partner Marketing to enable agencies with education, co-marketing, and sales tool kits.
- Manage the cohort of revenue your partners are driving – primarily customers on Netlify’s self-service plans.
- Helping facilitate support and product questions (pre-sales and support)
- Host business reviews with larger partners to drive accountability and report on success
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3-5 years of experience building relationships with customer or partner teams, ideally in a technical SaaS environment in Customer Success, Partner Management, or Sales
- Loves helping organizations meet their goals using innovative technology and who will provide an outstanding partner experience
- Outstanding business judgement, ability to think and plan around a large book of partners yet can make progress incrementally with individual partners
- Excellent spoken, written, and presentation skills
- Terrific people person that enjoys meeting new teams and helping our partners succeed
- Knowledge of headless, Jamstack architectures and the surrounding ecosystem (cloud infrastructure, ecommerce, content management, developer tools, etc)
In 1 month you’ll:
- Learn about the business, how the Jamstack agency ecosystem works, and Netlify’s role in it
- Develop an understanding of how we partner today, our partner program, and join conversations with agency partners and hear about their teams and use-cases on Netlify.
- Meet the team, understand what makes Netlify, learn how all the teams contribute to the larger mission of building a better web, and begin building relationships with key cross-functional partners.
In 3 months you’ll:
- Identify and understand the key metrics that influence our GTM strategy today, and understand how the different teams overlap and influence the KPIs.
- Run discovery and presentation to prospective partners that are ready to engage with Netlify
- Work with our Agency partners, help them evaluate Netlify for new projects, and be a trusted advisor.
- Provide feedback and work with Product and Marketing teams to prioritize improvements to our partner program processes and benefits
In 9 months you’ll:
- Manage and grow your portfolio of partners and have trusted partnerships with agencies
- Understand our company goals and bring in partners to help us achieve them, working with your cross functional peers
- Operate as a leader/mentor for new hires on the team
- Support the planning and internal alignment of 2023 Netlify Partnerships & Ecosystem strategy and priorities
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.