HeliosX is a health tech company dedicated to improving the quality, accessibility and affordability of healthcare for everyone. Beginning with MedExpress and growing to include Dermatica, PharmacyLab and Ziphealth in the US, the HeliosX group has grown to a team of over 170 people.
Our headquarter office is in London, but you can find us in Florida and all over the globe! However, we keep up the flow with the new world order, and we exist as a truly remote company with easy access to the office in the centre of London. Sounds good? You haven’t even heard about the perks and benefits we offer to our well-beloved colleagues.
About the role
The Packaging Development Lead is responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality, innovation and commercial benefit for packaging of our brands from a technical perspective.
Working closely with the NPD manager and formulation lead, you will be responsible for ensuring timings are maintained for NPD projects, at the same time delivering best in class packaging. You will develop in conjunction with the Head of NPD and Head of Brand our packaging sustainability strategy and be responsible for tracking progress against agreed targets.
You will utilise your existing network, and develop this further, to help us access leading edge packaging innovation , as well as cost effective solutions that can be brought to market quickly
What you’ll be doing
- To source and deliver packaging solutions across all NPD launches
- To own technical supplier relationships with packaging suppliers and CMOs
- To develop, in conjunction with the head of NPD, and lead the packaging sustainability Strategy over all pack formats
- Manage technical testing with respect to packaging, compatibility, fill trials etc
- To keep up to date on new technologies and innovations within packaging and feed this into the rolling 3 year NPD plan
- To review post-launch feedback in order to deliver continuous improvement supporting our best in class brand
- Manage and maintain regulatory aspects of packaging (REACh compliance, packaging waste, plastic tax etc.)
- Experience and a good understanding of packaging solutions specific to retail and ecommerce
- Experience working on and delivering packaging sustainability projects
- Experience delivering NPD on packaging across different packaging substrates
- Knowledge of packaging production processes and of decoration and print processes.
- Experience of tooling new componentry desirable
- Clear and concise communicator
- Able to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and recommendations coupled with sound planning and persistent execution
- Collaborative approach – ability to build excellent relationships and work productively cross-functionally
- Packaging Diploma qualification (IOM3) or similar
- Experience of working directly with packaging manufacturers to tool new packaging
- Experience of working on sustainable solutions in packaging
- Experience of working with packaging regulations (plastic tax, packaging waste etc.)
- Excellent salary
- Generous equity options for every employee
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Health insurance
- 40% gym discount
- Flexible working hours
- Fruit and snacks in the office
- Monthly social (activities & drinks)
- Pension scheme (up to 3% employer contribution)
- Free Kindle, books and HeadSpace account
- Discounts to HeliosX products
- Learning and development courses
- An awesome team of bright and motivated people to work with!