At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Operations Associate (Hourly)
Alma is looking for a mission-driven, hard-working team member who is passionate about making mental health more affordable and is excited to work with Alma’s Operations team. The successful candidate will be able to ensure a high level of detail and accuracy, can work quickly and efficiently across multiple systems and browsers, and has great communication skills.
The Operations Associate role will be part of either Alma's Member Activation or Insurance Operations Team, and will be assigned at the time of hire.
This is a full-time position open to candidates across all US geographic locations who are able to work 40 hours a week Monday to Friday. You will be expected to work 9am-5:30pm ET.
What you’ll do:
Our team helps mental health providers see their clients in-network. You may be tasked with any of the following roles that enable in-network care:
- Data entry and data management to support with provider credentialing
- Investigation of patient eligibility through payer portals and calling insurance payers
- Communicate eligibility to patients and clinical providers
- Review electronic claims from insurance payers and post payments
- Troubleshoot and resolve denied claims by contacting insurance companies via phone and contacting clients/providers via email
- Support with escalated support cases as needed by relaying relevant claims processing information
- Support with provider credentialing and enroll them with our network partners
- Support with provider onboarding and member lifecycle processes
- Support with member profile creation
Who you are:
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to prioritize work effectively
- You are computer proficient with the ability to type 70+ WPM
- You are comfortable learning and working across multiple software platforms including Google Suite, Kareo, Square, ZenDesk, and more
- You have strong communication skills and have the ability to communicate accurately and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- You are able to work between the hours of 9am-5:30pm ET
- You may have experience in healthcare insurance eligibility or medical billing
- You are passionate about mental health and our mission at Alma
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Aetna (medical, dental, and vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and Traditional)
- Free access to One Medical, Teladoc, and Health Advocate
- Monthly therapy, wellness, and ClassPass fitness stipends
- Co-working space membership access
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, and more
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- 3 weeks of PTO + 7 sick days to recharge
Hourly Rate: $19 per hour
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.