With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
Primarily responsible for the successful onboarding of our restaurant partners, the OBS team configures our Core, Basic and other applications for restaurant use, customizes the software for each restaurant using a consultative approach, and delivers training to key staff. We are responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the onboarding process. We lead the restaurant from initial sale through configuration to initial training and go-live. All of this will be done remotely using various tools and procedures designed to guide the restaurant through the process. The OBS is part of a global team charged with setting each restaurant up for success with OpenTable. They will be measured on the speed, volume and quality of each implementation based on a set of goals and benchmarked against others in the team.
In this role, you will:
- Enthusiastically contact our restaurants and guide them through the onboarding process
- Work with our restaurant partners to configure the OpenTable system to their needs
- Use phone and online tools to train key restaurant staff with an emphasis on specific ways the restaurant can use OpenTable to optimize their operations
- Provide administrative and coordinator functions related to Global On-Boarding program including scheduling training activities, content collection, and software implementations
- Work with restaurant staff and potential 3rd parties to deploy the OpenTable RestRef widget
- Work with internal partners to help develop and refine the On-Boarding program
- Effectively handle a queue of restaurants to reduce time-to-onboarding
- Communicate status of tasks and the backlog to peers and a broader community
Please apply if:
- 1+ years experience, preferably in a support, implementation or hospitality role
- Experience training non-technical customers on the use of software
- Understanding of restaurant operations a must with direct restaurant experience helpful
- Ability to make sound decisions based on key facts in potentially ambiguous situations
- Proven ability to drive projects through to completion
- Ambitious to get things done with minimal supervision
- Good phone and tele-presence required for effective training and implementation
- College degree preferred
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills
- Paid Time Off – 20 days a year!
- Birthday/celebration PTO – 1 day
- Annual company weeks off
- Flexible sick time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Group RRSP and DPSP
- Major Medical Insurance (dependent care options)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.