Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are hiring a Node.js Engineer to work on a pivotal Federal program that is making a positive impact on millions of Americans' daily lives.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers developing and running a high traffic node.js application. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of Typescript/Node.js experience
- 2+ years of PostgresSQL experience
- Experience with REST APIs/general API knowledge
- Experience with complex node apps in large enterprise environments
- Comfortable working with multiple different data storage systems ranging from Redis to SQL
- Exposure to large-scale AWS infrastructures (EC2, S3, CloudTrail, etc)
Bonus if you have experience with the following:
- Understanding of the ins and outs of authentication systems (SAML, LDAP, SSO) and how they run at scale
- CI/CD job management with Jenkins or similar
- Understanding of intermediate networking (what a proxy is, how it works, and considerations for clients. common nginx and CDN configurations.)
- Docker and Swagger experience
- Must be a US Citizen and able to work domestically
- Must be able to attain low-level security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fully remote
- Tech & Education Stipend
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Match 401(k) plan
- Flexible PTO, Paid Holidays
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation by emailing hello@Oddball.io
At Oddball, it’s important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $100,000 – $140,000