This position while responsible for developing new and existing relationships and will provide equal level of pro-active, high-end support to the National Accounts VP and key affiliated partner accounts. Understanding and mastering F&G processes, systems, and resources is very important to the role. The position produces meaningful and actionable sales reports using existing systems and resources.
You will be expected to be a significant, highly personalized resource to many sales accounts. This is primarily for IMO marketing personnel, back office staff, key IMO principles and agents. You are expected to master F&G products, and have a high working knowledge of competitor’s products in order to compare and contrast features and benefits. A willingness to attend conferences and meetings on many weekends and evenings.
In performing the account management role, you will travel to existing relationships and foster new ones. In collaboration with your accounts and the National Account VP, you will develop and work toward an account sales plan. You will be expected to meet or exceed the plan.
You will engage with three organizational levels in supporting and growing sales through IMOs: the principal level, the agent, and the back office/operations. The principal level requires gaining trust and commitment from owners and/or senior managers as well as developing marketing and sales plans that demonstrate active marketing of F&G life products. The agent level involves building working relationships by providing training and support on F&G life & annuity products. Working with the back office, you will facilitate operational needs with resources of F&G. While the primary focus will be our life portfolio, you will need a knowledge of F&G’s annuity products, annuity processes, and annuity sales expectations.
This position will help direct the activities of home office sales support to achieve stated production goals and sales objectives. This position works very closely with other sales team members, marketing & operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate thorough, in-depth knowledge of company products, practices and procedures.
- Conduct new account installations (how to do business with FGL) and provide marketing support to IMO internal and external marketers with tools such as WebX, conference calls, Powerpoint, etc.
- On an ongoing basis, profile and document IMO approach, strategies, personnel, production, etc. through Business Profiles. In person sales activies include: principal planning meetings, marketing meetings, training seminars, boot camps, agent conferences, back office training meetings, joint phone calls or appointments. You must have a willingness to host webinars and attend conference and meetings on weekends and evenings.
- Develop expert knowledge and proficiency in company applications including commission systems, company VDI, Salesforce, illustration software, Apple applications.
- Manage relationship, sales and marketing expectations for Independent Marketing Organizations (IMOs) and other high potential agencies – known collectively as “Key Accounts”.
- Recruit Key Accounts that meet the stated company profile with the ability to generate sales volumes necessary to validate the MGA compensation and Power Partner bonus schedule.
- Manage Key Accounts to appropriate contract levels, including increasing and/or decreasing contract levels, and making recommendations the National Account VP on appropriate incentives necessary to build distribution.
- Maintain successful business relationships with Key Accounts through frequent communication and visitation.
- Develop and record on company networks business plans with Key Accounts. Encourage, support and participate in meetings and seminars that promote Fidelity & Guaranty Life. Develop knowledge of specific account requirements as they relate to Home Office service capabilities and procedures. Coordinate special needs of Key Accounts in interfacing successfully with the Home Office. This position will require up to 70% travel. Travel and entertainment expenses must be reasonable and within guidelines established by management.
- Perform annuity product training and provide basic pre-sale support for agents and agency leaders on annuities.
- Identify opportunities for, and coordinate the development of, consistent high quality presentations, and other promotional pieces in support of marketing efforts. Monitor and track competitors’ products and positioning and the impact they have on Fidelity & Guaranty competitive positioning. Contribute suggestions and competitive intelligence for effective product positioning to the National Account VP.
- Prepare management reports as requested, to include activity reports and an extensive semi-annual review of Key Accounts.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the National Account VP or senior level management.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in Business or Marketing.
- Industry recognized designation preferred such as CLU, ChFC or CFP.
- 3+ years of key account management experience.
- Demonstrated success in sales and/or marketing functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong project management, organization and follow up skills
- Insurance industry knowledge
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within the organization and with key accounts
- Strong PC skills
- Up to 70% travel is required
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Perform other functions, duties and projects as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to work within a home office environment
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: F&G Careers
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As a national Top Workplace1, an Iowa Top Workplace2 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G team members are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company while continuing to be a great place to work.
Notice for all Applicants who are California residents under the California Privacy Rights Act. Please click here to review the policy.