At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is a real estate startup that pioneered the concept of brokerage-as-a-service to help top real estate professionals create and run their own companies without having to operate a brokerage. Our proprietary platform makes the real estate transaction process far more efficient for both agents and home buyers/sellers.
Before Side, exceptional real estate agents had two choices: You could join an antiquated traditional brokerage, relinquish control of your business, and pay hefty fees for marginal value. Or you could start your own independent brokerage, massively increase your liability, and take on the burden of running your own back office. We created a third option: Own your own business and run it on the Side platform. Agents get to focus on what they do best — selling real estate — while Side operates in the background to facilitate their transactions, and help them grow.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $300 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms, including Coatue, Tiger, D1, Sapphire, Trinity, and Matrix.. Headquartered in San Francisco, Side currently operates in 16 states, with plans to expand nationwide in the coming years. We were named Company of the Year by Inman News (the leading industry publication) and a Most Innovative Company of 2022 by Fast Company.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Marketing Operations Manager with proven experience building an integrated, scalable approach to how marketing teams plan, analyze, report and optimize against performance goals. This role will have a direct impact on the company’s success by overseeing our marketing systems and end to end campaign process, including campaign workflow, data management, lead scoring, ROI analysis & campaign optimization. If you are extremely collaborative, analytically minded and process oriented, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be a pivotal team member of a high performing, collaborative and mission driven team, helping us meet our aggressive growth goals in 2022 and beyond. We are blessed to have amazing storytellers and customer advocates that fuel our content and are looking for someone to complement the team with analytical prowess, strong strategic direction and collaboration. This is a dynamic role in a fast-paced startup where everyone rolls up their sleeves to support one another.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will work cross functionally with marketing, sales, sales operations, enablement, finance, analytics, and IT to develop end to end campaign processes from campaign kick off to sales handoff. This critical role will ensure that no lead is left behind, every marketing touch point is attributable, our technology systems work together seamlessly, our team is coordinated and aligned, our money is spent wisely, and that we operate in an efficient and coordinated way.
- Program management: Establish, maintain, and optimize scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign building and lead management, including campaign kickoffs, workflow assignments and project dashboards to ensure initiatives are planned and executed flawlessly.
- Marketing tech stack: Scope, implement, and manage all aspects of our current and future Marketing tech stack, including our marketing automation, event, ABM & workflow platforms. Ensure seamless integration with our CRM (Salesforce) and any other applicable sales tools. Keep abreast of marketing tech trends and evaluate tools to optimize our performance.
- Data cleanliness: Own prospect data hygiene and implement policies to keep our customer and prospect data clean and compliant; oversee the flow of data from the marketing funnel to the sales funnel, including interface with MIS as needed. Manage and monitor data quality as it flows from the CRM to our marketing database.
- Lead management: Own the lead management and assignment process, including campaign setup, lead scoring, A/B testing and optimization.
- Reporting: Centralize, own & present reporting for all marketing KPIs and metrics; Analyze marketing and sales data monthly to understand campaign effectiveness and ROI, while developing insights and making recommendations on areas for future optimization. Build and execute A/B and multivariate tests, analyze and share learnings from the data, and continuously find ways to improve our campaigns and website.
- Sales & Marketing handoff: Work cross functionally with sales & marketing to close the gap between marketing activities and sales efforts – create sales campaigns & dashboards that lead to value driven conversations, first meetings and opportunities. Optimize the handoff to ensure maximum conversion, velocity and revenue impact, including coordination of campaign call down lists based on recent marketing activity.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 3-5 years in B2B marketing operations and demand generation, with experience managing technology including: managing project scope, driving change management, stakeholder alignment, communications and training.
- 3+ years experience managing large marketing automation systems including hands on experience integrating these systems with Salesforce CRM (preferably administrative experience with Pardot and Salesforce CRM).
- Strong data analytical skills are required, with deep experience building funnel dashboards, including multi-touch attribution to measure ROI and deriving campaign insights.
- Familiarity with analytics software (Airtable, Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker); Quantitative and results oriented mindset, with a love for spreadsheets. This is your superpower.
- Knowledge SQL not required, but a plus.
- Process oriented, with background in building workflows focused on team velocity using tools like Asana, Monday, etc.
- Collaborative spirit with the ability to build strong relationships with internal customers and translate their needs into supporting capabilities, including: writing business requirements, gaining alignment on decisions, ensuring new capabilities will support business needs.
- Strong problem solving techniques to identify solutions for key business problems.
- A proven track record of delivering results, autonomously and cross-functionally.
- Team player that is energized by fast moving environments and good at prioritizing projects.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill information into meaningful and interpretable insights