Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Communications team is looking for a seasoned communications specialist who will sit within marketing and the communications team but work closely with the Coach Community to help develop strategic storytelling, internal and external communications strategies, and nurturing relationships with key partners and top-tier press. Expertise in B2B and corporate communications with some consumer or general market knowledge is preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Help develop and drive a robust internal communications and community strategy for BetterUp Coach Community of over 3,000 coaches across the world.
- Work cross-functionally with the broader marketing team and Coach Community operation teams to ensure coordinated, strategic and impactful announcements, events and support on an ongoing basis.
- Support and continue to build BetterUp’s brand efforts with the Coach Community, including collaborating on various communication touchpoints: internal community building, newsletter, events, etc.
- Ongoing updates and distribution of corporate messaging materials across Coach Community functions to ensure consistency and relevance.
- Support and guide overarching Coach Community story with internal stakeholders.
- Drive internal and external storytelling and elevation of Coach Community through real life examples of expertise, Member stories, data and insights on community and experience with BetterUp.
- Problem solver with ability to excel and pivot in fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to organize, synthesize, and present information in a written and verbal manner.
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of reputation management
- Strategic, energetic, hands-on, self-starter.
- Demonstrated quick thinking and agility.
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to work cross functionally
- Knowledge of strategic communications including crisis and reputation-management
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 8-10+ years of experience working in communications with experience in internal communications and reputation management
- Experience managing frontline team and/or contractors communications
- Community management experience, team building and internal/employer brand management
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders, including executives and outside experts and partners
- Excellent communication skills, with knowledge of public relations and communications best practices, brand management, and community engagement strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Ability to collaborate with executives, key stakeholders, extended community of employees and contractors
- Openness and curiosity. We work to learn at BetterUp, and are always experimenting and learning new ways of working. We're looking for someone who can be flexible in the face of ambiguity with a commitment to continuous learning.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.