Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so that every growing company can realize their full potential. We’re building integrated financial software and services that empower the next generation of business.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We empower you with the tools, resources, and support to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers — across Integrated Marketing, Product Marketing, Revenue Marketing, and Growth — are responsible for acquiring and engaging customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with Product, Relationship Management, Design, Sales, and BD to help our prospects and customers understand how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Managing Editor to own content marketing strategy and execution at Brex. You will report to the Director of Copywriting and collaborate with members of marketing and subject matter experts to scale and execute content marketing at Brex. You have a passion for B2B content and you think like a marketer as much as a strategist and storyteller, with a focus on delivering content that creates awareness and drives engagement across the customer journey. You’ll set the roadmap for content development and publishing, aligning and optimizing toward marketing strategy and goals, and potentially sourcing and assigning freelancers, all in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Manage the roadmap for editorial content development and publishing and own the execution plan
- Continuously ensure that Brex's content marketing strategy communicates our unique POV on the role of finance in growing businesses and meets business objectives
- Create and manage a content calendar with a regular cadence of long-from editorial, such as blog posts, white papers, ebooks, reports, videos, infographics, etc. aligned to the buyer journey and business goals
- Coordinate internal and external editorial resources to develop and deliver content, including writing content yourself
- Actively recruit and cultivate sources and subjects for our content, including Brex leaders, community members, and customers
- Review and edit copy to ensure all content marketing deliverables are consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of our content by developing reporting, KPIs, and metrics for each content channel
- Partner with other teams (revenue marketing, social media, sales team) on the distribution and promotion of content
- Be an integral part of creating our editorial processes and best practices
- 10+ years of content marketing experience, ideally in B2B (SaaS/Tech/Fintech) or financial journalism
- Exceptional writing, storytelling, and editing skills, as well as strong project and program management skills
- Unwavering focus on and empathy for the customer
- Deep understanding and passion for how content aids the buyer journey
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external agencies.
- Leadership skills to confidently research and speak to internal experts and customers as needed to create the best content possible – as well as to provide constructive feedback to contributors and other writers
- Experience using metrics to develop and iterate on content and reporting findings
- Experience with common CMS platforms and analytics tools (bonus points if you’re experienced in the Sanity CMS)
- A sense of what is newsworthy as well as how to find stories in data
- High degree of ownership and accountability
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects, priorities, and deliverables
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field