Clari uses AI and automation to drive growth and retention for high-performing revenue teams. Clari’s market-leading Revenue Operations Platform is currently processing over $300 billion in pipeline each year, and is used by over 100,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 countries. Customers include market leaders like Adobe, Zoom, Qualtrics, UiPath, Okta, and Workday. We constantly hear from our customers that Clari is required equipment, and that we’ve changed their lives and the trajectory of their businesses. It never gets old, and we never take it for granted. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager, Technical Program Management (TPM) to join Clari’s Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting Infrastructure, Engineering Foundations, Release Management, Reliability and Resiliency Programs, and teams along with managing the TPMs aligned to these areas. This will be a player-coach role to start.
The TPM group is a newly formed function at Clari and is responsible for technical project and program management, engineering team support, and process governance and strategy within engineering. This role will be responsible for driving and implementing key operational processes and frameworks within the Engineering org and other cross functional teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to help lay the foundation for engineering’s operational success.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Partner with Engineering, Product, Customer Success, and others to manage engineering programs and processes
- Build, measure, and enhance engineering processes and coach cross functional teams through transformations
- Manage and grow the TPM team focused on: Infrastructure, Engineering Foundations, Release Management, Site Reliability Engineering.
- Serve as a partner to Engineering leadership counterparts influencing and communicating prioritization decisions
- 7+ years of experience in the same or similar role working with software engineering teams and Infrastructure teams building cloud native applications
- 3+ years of managing and growing program management teams
- Strong experience experience leveraging tools such as Jira to build out project plans and roadmap views
- Technical aptitude – You may not know how to code but you understand technical concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is a plus
- Experience with AWS or any public cloud offerings is a plus
Benefits and Culture
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Internet, phone, and wellness reimbursements
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- 401(k) and college savings plan
- Pre-IPO stock options