Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of private organizations and public agencies can unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Our Enterprise Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Manager of Sales Engineering to lead a highly skilled team of Sales Engineers who provide value-based evaluation scenarios including demonstrations, labs and POCs. In addition to managing a team, you will work directly with our sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our enterprise customers, strategize on how to navigate sales cycles, and close business.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Build and lead a team of sales engineers who serve as our core product introduction, evaluation and education experts
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota targets, our goals and ensure relationships are built
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps and represent the team’s needs to executive staff
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, channel partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with product, engineering, sales, marketing and services
- Play an active role in sourcing and screening potential candidates and managing the interview process
- Act as a player/coach working with your team on and delivering compelling presentations to customers and prospects
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 10+ years of industry experience in a pre-sales capacity with 2+ years of direct front line management experience (hiring, training and retaining top talent).
- Industry expertise within Data Warehousing, Data Engineering, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and/or Cloud Computing.
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific mission problems and Snowflake’s solutions.
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Our Sales Engineers are customer obsessed and we believe in the value we can add and stay honest about it. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback and are passionate about making our clients successful.
Our team works to ensure data is accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
How do you want to make your impact?