Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
As the Manager of People Operations, you will be instrumental in the growth and development of the People Operations function for Samsara. You will partner with key stakeholders to implement streamlined operations processes while also maintaining best practices, data accuracy, and efficiency across all our People team functions through our Shared Services support model.
This role is open to candidates residing in the US except the San Francisco Bay Area (125 mi. radius from 1 De Haro St, San Francisco) and NYC Metro Area (50 mi. radius from 131 W 55th St, New York).
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute processes across the employee lifecycle to support an effective and scalable HR function.
- Partner with COEs to prioritize core HR process improvements with clear outlined requirements for technology enhancements with cost or time savings estimation.
- Provide consistent Operations metrics to the People leaders and proposed process or program enhancements based on data.
- Coordinate and maintain process documentation and knowledge base articles for Shared Services support and user self-service.
- Partner with internal audit and vendors on process controls, ensure data is provided on time as requested.. Act as HR point of contact for SOX and HR audits; drive resolutions to findings and create proactive process improvements to address issues identified.
- Identify and prioritize enhancements to audit processes and controls to minimize risks
- Ensure HRIS data integrity by monitoring data and process governance, ensure compliant audit records are accurately captured in HR systems, and all approvals are documented for audits. Provide necessary data to internal and external auditors when requested.
- Build the People Operations Shared Services program through the development of Zendesk and hiring of the People Operations team.
- Serve as SME for Operations team, training team members on execution of Workday and Zendesk, and provide Tier 2 and 3 escalated service support.
- Manage team performance and provide development and coaching of People Operations team members.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years experience in HR/People team for fast-growing, global companies, 3 years in People Operations function.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of HR best practices and employment laws
- Experience in managing people processes in Workday for HCM, Compensation, Benefits, Onboarding, Timecards, Absence, and Payroll.
- Experience maintaining and auditing processes for OFCCP, EEO, and SOX compliance.
- Experience supporting HR compliance and processes on a global scale
- Strong attention to detail, project management skills, customer service presence, and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
An ideal candidate also has:
- People management experience
- Google suite experience
- HR reporting and analytics experience
- Additional fluency in languages such as Spanish or other languages
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver Total Direct Compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is at or above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock unit awards (RSUs) for eligible roles. For eligible roles, a new hire RSU award may be awarded at the time of hire, and additional RSU refresh grants may be awarded annually.
We pay for performance, and top performers in eligible roles may receive above-market equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please be aware that Samsara does not accept or assume responsibility for unsolicited resumes from agencies. We do not charge fees to applicants at any stage of the hiring process. Official communication about your application will only come from emails ending in '@Samsara.com' or '@us-greenhouse-mail.io'.