*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
This is your opportunity to join the global leader of hybrid IT monitoring in a pivotal and influential role as the company tracks towards a potential IPO. As our company grows with our new AI/ML hybrid cloud monitoring platform, SL1, we will need someone who can work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. As a Finance Manager you’ll report directly to the Snr. Manager of Revenue, while working closely with the CFO and VP of Finance, to develop and implement efficient and scalable business practices to fuel the company’s growth and financial reporting capabilities. You will know accounting principles and processes end to end and while reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting financial and budgetary reports, and all of this sounds exciting to you.
A team player at heart, you have a mindset of collaboration, evangelize best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. Finance team members go above and beyond what is asked of them to help ScienceLogic reach their strategic goals, while maintaining compliance in an ever-growing complex legal and financial reporting framework. You will always be looking for opportunities to implement industry best practices while ensuring that business critical operations are completed timely.
What you’ll be doing…
- Review daily orders for bookings and revenue recognition compliance
- Generate and review revenue arrangements and implement contract amendments and rewraps
- Assist the Snr. Manager of revenue on customer quotes and contract negotiations.
- Oversee the monthly and annual revenue calculations and overall compliance with GAAP. Own the month-end close process for revenue and related accounts (Unbilled A/R, Deferred Revenue, A/R)
- Partner w/ the Sales Ops team to manage and optimize the quote to cash lifecycle.
- Review AR activities, AR controls, AR Allowance, billings & payments. This will be owned in conjunction w/ the A/R & collections specialist.
- Own sales tax analysis
- Assist in the administration of NetSuite revenue management & Accounts Receivable. This will be a partnership w/ ScienceLogic’s external NS administrators.
Additional Responsibilities to assist the Snr. Manager of Revenue:
- Develop and maintain revenue recognition policies and procedures, ensuring the identification of and compliance with key controls pursuant to the ScienceLogic’s SOX 404 compliance process and procedures.
- Assist with researching, establishing revenue positions, documenting and updating a formal revenue recognition memo and facilitating reviews with external auditors, where required.
- Assist with quarterly financial reporting including, preparing and reviewing financial disclosures, as well as preparing, reviewing and supporting of the financial reporting package.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Assist in researching applicable accounting standards to ensure internal and external compliance in recording and reporting transactions.
- Research new GAAP pronouncements and SEC regulations; including the preparation of technical accounting memos to ensure compliance in recording and reporting transactions.
- Assist with the company’s transition to a fully Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliant environment for both finance and IT controls, including coordination of internal resources, testing, ensuring test results are properly documented and issues are appropriately raised, communicated, and resolved.
- Remain knowledgeable on all SEC, SOX, and Technical Accounting issues affecting ScienceLogic and the broader technology and software industry. Assist with development of strategic plans to comply with new regulatory standards.
- Represent the finance team as needed and assist other departments and stakeholders in the company during the quarterly and annual reporting periods and the budget/forecast periods, as well as ongoing efforts of the Company to increase financial reporting accuracy.
Qualities you possess…
- CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or a high-tech organization.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition principles.
- Experience w/ NetSuite financial management tool.
- Collaborative working style and ability to work with customers, vendors, and international teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work while seeing projects to completion.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and problem solving.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with seasoned management.
- Strong project management, process improvement, and proficiency with spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Previous experience with SOX compliance.
- Previous experience in contract review.
- Strong written skills and experience writing technical memos.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.