We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Here at 1Password we are deeply committed to customer privacy and security. The Security Team is passionate about our role in that mission and the ideal candidate for these roles will share our excitement.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to champion security efforts in our cloud infrastructure. You will be responsible for supporting an engineering team to solve problems across a wide variety of security domains in the infrastructure space, and striving towards a highly scalable and defensible cloud infrastructure through collaboration with other security and infrastructure leaders.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience managing security and/or cloud infrastructure engineers
- Experience with a wide variety of technologies and approaches in both the cloud infrastructure and security spaces; e.g. service identity, access management, workload hardening, software supply chain, etc.
- Effective in cross-functional communication and building strong partnerships with internal stakeholders, especially infrastructure stakeholders
- Ability to create and maintain a positive, healthy team environment in which everyone is supported, encouraged, and meaningfully challenged to do great work
- Ability to translate technical and compliance requirements into engineering execution
- Ability to prioritize and drive project execution to delivery, and create roadmaps for future work
What you can expect:
- Partner with security and infrastructure leadership to provide strategy and long-term vision for securing infrastructure.
- Collaborate with senior and staff individual contributors to create an engaging technical vision for the team.
- Work with cross-functional partners to define the best security solutions for our infrastructure, reducing unnecessary friction, while maintaining a high degree of software development velocity.
- Work to scope and plan key deliverables for projects and initiatives with the team.
- Drive execution with an emphasis on iterations and deliverables, quality, velocity, and communication.
- Support and grow a highly collaborative team through psychological safety and a strong culture of feedback and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to continuously refine hiring, onboarding, and development processes.
- Provide technical leadership to engineers, both in your team and across the security and engineering organizations.