At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the role…
We are looking for an individual contributor Manager to own G&A spend management. This role reports to the Sr Mgr of G&A FP&A. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has a strong understanding of financial statement analysis, unit economics, GAAP accounting and spend accrual processes, and can apply those principles to software development activities and infrastructure operations.
In this role you can expect to…
- Be a key strategic and operational partner to G&A business partners and G&A leadership in driving spend management, accountability and optimization through predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Develop analytical frameworks and processes to drive spend optimization and efficiencies in partnership with G&A leadership and Finance business partners (e.g., partnering with IT and procurement to rationalize software vendors, optimizing software spend per headcount, hardware per headcount investment modeling, cost-per-employee metrics).
- Own the analysis, inspection and explanations of G&A spend variance analysis (Plan vs. forecast vs. actuals) and actively work with the business to remediate where needed.
- Review G&A proposed investment projects to assess if they meet capitalization criteria.
- Perform month-over-month, quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year analysis on spend at various levels of granularity (e.g. cost center/department, P&L line item level, unit economics).
- Partner with budget owners, G&A Finance business partners, and Accounting to ensure timely and accurate end-of-month and end-of-quarter spend accruals through vendor-supplied usage reports and comparison of open POs vs. approved budget.
- Partner with G&A leadership on creating line item level budget visibility and accountability.
- Manage the financial and administrative process around inter-departmental budget and headcount transfers in partnership with Finance, Accounting, HR and business leaders.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a quantitative discipline, CPA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in tech corporate finance/accounting or relevant experience in financial services.
- Successfully implemented spend optimization frameworks/processes/models.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, comfortable working in a fast paced environment while driving towards firm deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence without authority.
- Technically savvy, with advanced skills in Excel modeling and PowerPoint (Anaplan experience is a plus!).
- Understanding of SaaS business models, operating metrics and unit economics.
- Comfortable managing large datasets and simplifying complexity using data driven analysis and insights.
- You have a growth mindset, are open to giving and receiving feedback, curious, organized, and a strong strategic executor.
- Experience leading to completion of cross-functional financial projects.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.