dv01 is lifting the curtain on the largest financial market in the world: structured finance. The $16+ trillion market is the backbone of everyday activities that empower financial freedom, from consolidating credit card debt and refinancing student loans, to buying a home and starting a small business.
dv01’s data analytics platform brings unparalleled transparency into investment performance and risk for lenders and Wall Street investors in structured products. As a data-first company, we wrangle critical loan data and build modern analytical tools that enable strategic decision-making for responsible lending. In a nutshell, we're helping prevent a repeat of the 2008 global financial crisis by offering the data and tools required to make smarter, data-driven decisions resulting in a safer world for all of us.
More than 400 of the largest financial institutions use dv01 for our coverage of over 75 million loans spanning mortgages, personal loans, auto, buy-now-pay-later programs, small business, and student loans. dv01 continues to expand coverage of new markets, adding loans monthly, and developing new technologies for the structured products universe.
To get a better idea of what a year at dv01 looks like, check out our 2021 Year in Review page here: https://dv01.co/year-in-review/2021/ If that looks like fun to you, get in touch because we'd love to hear from you.
A Manager on the Data Platform team will be responsible for leading a team of Data Engineers focused on creating building blocks to support the entire organization’s data management needs. This includes working with individual contributors and cross-functional peers to plan and execute on maintenance and improvements to the existing architecture which drives our core business, as well as developing architectures to support new business opportunities.
This is an established group of engineers with varying levels of expertise and responsibility over critical systems which were built to get us where we are now but need more structure to get us where we need to be as we continue to scale the business.
- Directly manage a team of Data Engineers
- Provide people management to mentor, train, and promote professional growth of the team (hold regular 1:1s, provide context on priorities, sponsor learning initiatives)
- Grow the team by closing skill gaps and hiring where needed
- Manage, prioritize, and execute on projects with our Director of Engineering, VP of Engineering, Product and Project Management teams (unblock projects, resolve conflicts)
- Collaborate with Project Management to run sprint rituals and ceremonies (sprint planning, retros)
- Review and contribute to technical planning (roadmaps, RFCs, tech specs)
- Communicate technical decisions to stakeholders across business and engineering teams
- Work with engineering management peers to continuously improve the Engineering Organization (e.g., processes, culture, etc.)
- Someone with 7+ years of engineering experience, at least 3 years in a Data Engineering leadership role
- Experienced with agile project management – leading sprint planning and execution
- Able to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities due to business needs and situational conditions
- Experienced with mentoring and coaching engineers
- Technically credible – this role does not involve writing code, but will require previous experience as an individual contributor to advocate for technical solutions to engineering and business teams
- A servant leader – you empower those around you and help them grow and perform to the best of their abilities rather than micromanage
- A skilled written and verbal communicator – you seek to understand others first, and be understood second, seeking feedback from others and influencing with persuasion instead of power or position
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure, especially Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Unlimited PTO. Unplug and rejuvenate, however you want—whether that’s vacationing on the beach or at home on a mental-health day.
- In-House Personal & Performance Development Coach. Recharge with our in-house personal & performance development coach, who is here to listen and help guide in your self-development and overall wellness.
- $1,000 Learning & Development Fund. No matter where you are in your career, always invest in your future. We encourage you to attend conferences, take classes, and lead workshops. We also host hackathons, brunch & learns, and other employee-led learning opportunities.
- Remote-First Environment. People thrive in a flexible and supportive environment that best invigorates them. You can work from your home, cafe, or hotel. You decide.
- Health Care and Financial Planning. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package for you and your family. We also offer a 401(k) for you to contribute.
- Monthly $400 lunch stipend. Lunch is on us. You have the flexibility to choose what and how you eat—and even, with whom.
- Free Equinox Membership or $1,650 Annual Fitness Fund. Regular exercise offers a plethora of mental and physical health benefits. You can either enroll in an all-access Equinox membership or at your preferred gym. Or take advantage of our fitness fund, which can be used toward at-home workout equipment (yes, including a Peloton).
dv01 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.