The Manager, Accounting Research & Policy, will be responsible for managing the Accounting Department’s review of revenue and non-revenue transactions (including leases, financing arrangements, significant vendor arrangements and acquisitions) to identify potential accounting issues as well as developing and maintaining the Company’s global accounting policies to ensure compliance with US GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements. The Manager will also be responsible for assisting in revenue recognition conclusions of new service offerings as well as remaining current on new accounting requirements and their potential impact on Rackspace.
- Support the accounting department’s review of contracts to identify potential accounting issues.
- Research, document and recommend the proper application of US GAAP and SEC requirements to complex transactions.
- Provide technical and consulting support to business partners on the treatment of accounting issues.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s accounting policies.
- Remain current with US GAAP and SEC requirements to ensure compliance with latest financial accounting and reporting standards.
- Provide communication and education to the CFO organization on the expected impact of new standards.
- Lead/participate in implementation projects for emerging accounting requirements.
- Support due diligence activities and accounting valuations for mergers and acquisitions.
- Interact with external audit team with respect to technical matters.
- Assist on special projects (i.e., carve-out financials, financings, restructurings, etc) and SEC filings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- 8 years professional accounting experience with 2-4 years in area being managed
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience
Nice to haves
- Master’s degree
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- ERP experience
- Experience in Public Accounting, Big 4 and Corporate Accounting highly desired