Title: Project Manager, Localization
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Remote in: UK, Spain, Poland, Romania
As one of our Translation Project Managers, you will be joining the global Translation Leadership Team and be part of the Studio Translation management team. You will work closely with the European Senior Project Manager and manage an internal linguistics team, acting as the initial point of contact on all global Translation assigned insourced or outsourced projects.
You will be the primary owner of multiple Translation projects and be accountable for the end-to-end quality of those entire projects (scoping, strategy, performance management, and the execution of those plans). Acting as the main communication conduit to all internal teams in terms of Translation activities across global geographical locations.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive job profile and it may be changed and/or adapted. An exact job profile is available on request.
All applications are treated in strict confidence.
What you’ll be doing
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with Management. This includes file analysis using memoQ, scheduling, quote creation, and GM forecasting.
- Liaises with other PTW studios to ensure scopings go back to the sales team in a timely manner (takes ownership of the negotiations with other PTW studios)
- Create a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the available resources to ensure profitability margins are met.
- Review the project schedule with Management and other staff that will be affected by project activities; revise and update the schedule and resourcing needs as required
- Evaluate project risks and propose mitigation plans
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers.
- Establishes and oversees all the operations involved in the smooth and successful completion of each project phase
- Share resource requirements with Snr. Project Managers
- Ensure adequate resourcing of the project, including a mix of in-house and in-territory linguists.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Establish a clear communication workflow with customers and stakeholders to keep them updated on progress and make them aware of any potential risks.
- Be the main point of contact (internally and externally) for designated projects (normally those belonging to the allocated client account)
- Effectively use all forms of communication
- Maintains discipline (ensuring that the teams are adhering to the company policies and act appropriately within company premises).
- Proactively manages different personalities (ensure that there are no conflicts inside the teams and deal with arising conflicts appropriately).
- Train new members of staff as required.
- Review the quality of the work on the project on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the required standards.
- Provide support to direct reports to ensure their working conditions are adequate and liaise with other departments to ensure capacity plans are in place.
- Takes responsibility for the gross margin of the project and is aware at all times of the projected gross margin.
- Schedules and resources the projects to maximise gross margin without unduly sacrificing quality.
- Have ownership of the invoicing process for the projects, both related to Receivables and Payables.
- Is responsive in email and chat communications, ensuring clarity in all messages sent.
- Build effective relationships with internal teams to aid the growth of the translation business line (LQA, Sales and HR).
- Adhere to company Security, Confidentiality and Health and Safety procedures and ensure the compliance of the team.
- Adhere to the company IT and HR procedures and ensure the compliance of the team.
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
What we’re looking for
- Translation or language-related BA studies or equivalent.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Experience in the translation industry (video games specific experience welcome)
- Excellent knowledge of business software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of CAT tools (e.g. Trados, memoQ, XTM, etc.)
- Ideally experience working with Plunet
- Clear and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Capable of leading teams.
- Demonstrates proactivity.
- Ability to develop new ways to improve operations and to create opportunities.
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Keeps a “can do” attitude and positive thinking.
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours – at times will be required to work shifts, weekends or overtime during the week. Proficiency in more than one language is welcome.
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world.
- You will be working with many of PTWs most important clients and all of the biggest names in the industry.
- You will be directly joining at a mid-senior managerial level and be directly reporting to stakeholders and clients.
- You will be working in state-of-the-art facilities at the cutting edge of video game localization.
- Competitive monthly salary and salary revision once per year.
- Attractive holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing program. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of a global business that’s constantly growing year-on-year and be involved in something real that changes the face of gaming – forever
Pole To Win’s core values are imbued across our global organization: Reinforced by our actions and our attitudes. Echoed throughout our approach to our operations and our clients. Exemplified by our culture, and most of all, our people. We build people and their careers. We actively turn to teammates for counsel, inspiration, and diverse perspectives. Relationships are built on mutual respect. Personal and professional integrity is our guiding principle. We are honest, authentic, transparent, and ethically sound. Our primary goal is to advance our clients’ businesses and their customers’ satisfaction. We set the bar for generating imaginative and effective solutions for the most challenging problems. We move with speed and agility. We love what we do. We have unwavering loyalty to our DNA, our culture, our values, and ourselves.
Welcome to PTW