As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE
As a member of the BizTech Salesforce Engineering team, the Salesforce Lead Engineer will handle the development (config and customization), and support solutions built on Salesforce B2B Commerce and Experience Cloud. Our ideal candidate has a proven record of delivering programs across customer/partner experience, has a strong Salesforce background, is focused on technical excellence, and is self-motivated. You will take the lead on architecting solutions and will also be a hands-on team member providing production support to Guidewire Marketplace. This includes trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, doing hands on keyboard development, testing fixes, and migrating the solution. You will handle partnering with the Salesforce Product Manager, and Product Owner as well as business team members across Alliances and Customer Success.
- Provide engineering leadership ensuring that the engineering team is aligned on goals and technical solutions.
- Collaborate with other engineers, business users and product managers to drive solutions that meet requirements and the platform strategy.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the B2B Commerce platform and Salesforce Experience Cloud
- Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality in a business-friendly manner.
- Perform hands-on technical design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks based on backlog and unit test work to ensure platform standards are met.
- Ensure solutions are scalable and meet business requirements. Identify and document technical gaps.
- Work in a scrum team and provide story point estimates, progress updates, code reviews etc.
- Document and keep up to date technical designs documentation for the product area.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other engineers.
- Coordinate with a global team.
- Handle critical issues requiring advanced engineering skills.
- 8+ years of professional IT/Engineering experience required with demonstrated development and design experience.
- Experience of at least 1-2 End-to-End implementations of Salesforce Experience Cloud and knowledge of B2B Commerce Cloud.
- Must have Salesforce Platform Developer I certification.
- Preferred certifications include B2B Solution Architect, Salesforce Experience Cloud and Salesforce Platform Developer II.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Translation Workbench and Coveo Search for B2B Commerce or Experience Cloud.
- Knowledgeable in standard functions/ modules of Salesforce.com: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and AppExchange/App cloud application integration.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and data modeling including Salesforce.com SOQL, SOSL query language.
- Experience using the Force.com data loader, ETL tools and handling data migration assignments. Proficiency in Salesforce REST and SOAP APIs.
- Expert knowledge of MVC concepts, object-oriented methodologies and approaches.
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse,VS Code & GIT.
- Experience with salesforce1 Lightning & Lightning Components.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.