ENDAVA AT A GLANCE
Endava is a global public technology company with over 22 years of experience working with some of the biggest global names in payments, banking, financial services, insurance, media, technology, and more. Through Digital Evolution, Agile Transformation, and Automation solutions, Endava helps its clients be more engaging, responsive, and efficient by supporting them from ideation to production.
Endava has over 10,000 employees located in offices in North America and Western Europe and delivery centers in Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Colombia. Along with investing in long-term customer relationships, Endava recognized the importance of providing rewarding and challenging careers for people and, by doing so, has established itself as the employer of choice in certain regions.
At Endava we value career growth and expansion. You will have various opportunities to grow into the career you desire. We offer mentorship programs and multiple career tracks to help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Our Endava family is growing! The data capability is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our team. As a Lead Data Scientist at Endava, you must be flexible and willing to collaborate with clients and Endava team members to address complex business and technical challenges. Excellent communication skills are key, your ability to ask penetrating questions to uncover the root causes of challenges being presented is key to the overall success of the team.
Our Data Scientist professionals are strong consultants, who are just as comfortable talking through solutions with clients as they are at developing them. At Endava, we value collaboration and working cross-functionally to make the greatest impact on our clients and fellow team members.
In this role, you will work closely with technical leads, data architects, fellow developers, project/relationship managers, and client stakeholders. You will both participate and contribute during agile/scrum ceremonies.
Within three months, you will have ingrained yourself with your project and its goals, while developing strong relationships within and outside of your team.
Within one year, you will have worked across various client and internal Endava teams to build solutions. As a Lead Data Scientist at Endava, you will have engaged internally to foster and develop your skill sets and invested time in honing new ones. At Endava, being a part of the data capability means continuing to help us live our core values and culture, as well as drive growth through quality and consistent work and interactions.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team, preferably a data engineering / science team
- Strong coaching and mentoring abilities
- Experience performing as lead reviewer of merge requests/code reviews
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms and metaheuristics including bin packing, linear programming, classifiers, clustering algorithms, anomaly detection, and time-series forecasting
- Strong Python skills
- Experience working with SQL
- Excellent social, written, and verbal communication skills
- Confidence working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Industry experience in warehousing, supply chain, or logistics preferred
- Strong ability to review existing codebases and refactor for improvement vs starting over
- Experience with NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Sci-Kit Learn (sklearn), TensorFlow, Flask, Marshmallow, Docker, and Linux
- Strong knowledge in model development lifecycle, including monitoring, error analysis, retraining, and redeployment