Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,000+ colleagues around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull.
That is why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a Landfill Gas Trainee. We have positions based in Stevenage / Ware area.
This role can be home based with frequent travel to our sites – a vehicle is provided.
A quick look at the role.
- Monitor and collect data from the Gas extraction system from multiple sites.
- Optimise and control gas quality to improve the stability of the extraction process.
- Maintenance of the gas system to have a meaningful impact on the reduction of carbon emissions from Landfill.
- Collect and report data from our Landfill Gas engines. Liaise with engineers daily to ensure maximum generator efficiency and electricity production.
- Management of contractors to ensure all works are carried out in line with safe systems of work.
- The main functions may be performed at one or more sites depending on the home location of the successful candidate and their proximity to operating sites.
Here’s what we require:
- Basic computer literacy.
- Able to travel, may be asked to stay away from home on rare occasions.
- Driving licence – Driving is a large part of the role, you will sometimes be required to drive to more than one site in a day.
- Happy to lone work – Some of our closed sites are unattended.
- Expected to work in all weathers – A large part of the role is working outside.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary.
- Company events.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- IT equipment.
- Full training / PPE provided.
- Ongoing career development, training, education, and coaching – Because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Company vehicle and fuel card.
- On call out and standby payments.
Dedicated to diversity.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Biffa; we believe different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds are key to developing a creative and effective working environment that represents our communities and generates the best outcomes for colleagues, customers and stakeholders, which is why you’ll find us championing diversity, equity and inclusion at every turn.