Fanatics is a leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings that excite fans and maximize the reach and presence for partners across the entire sports ecosystem. Come help us build a company the world has never seen before! We are first and foremost a technology company. We build innovative fan experiences through highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded collaboration. We are passionate about evaluating and finding the right tech for the jobs at hand, and we get excited about building solutions for modern challenges.
Cloud Product Overview!
The Cloud Compute Orchestration Team is responsible for building Fanatics Next Generation Container Platform leveraging Amazon’s Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS).
As a Team we’re working to deliver a platform that our application partners can depend on, ensuring we deliver the right performance, scalability and reliability when and where it’s needed.
Kubernetes is at the core of what we do and understand, we lean on Amazon to abstract away the complexity of control plane management so we can focus on delivering enhanced capabilities through Kubernetes to our application partners to enable them to deliver code without the fuss and complexity of traditional infrastructure management, to enable our business to succeed.
Our engineers and teams are world class and we’re seeking multiple positions to join the ranks to help us deliver our Next Generation Platform!
- Design, develop, and maintain tools, services, and reusable modules and frameworks to automate provisioning of cloud infrastructure.
- Provide Product and Engineering teams with standards and best practices on how to deploy and consume public cloud services.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve team operational efficiency and consumption of cloud services.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
- Operate with a product mindset.
- Provide training and documentation of services and modules for internal usage.
- Closely partner with Architecture and Security teams to incorporate respective requirements and best practices.
- Experience in software development with Golang or Python
- Experience using CI/CD frameworks and implementing best practices
- Experience with container technologies like EKS, ECS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Git, GitOps, DevOps foundations, concepts like Service Ownership, SLAs and SLOs
- Experience working in within Public Cloud environment preferably AWS
- General understanding of architectural and design patterns
- Infrastructure automation like Ansible, Terraform, or Cloud Formation
- CI/CD Technologies like Gitlab, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to peers and external vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to peers and external vendors
- Strong active listening, conflict resolution, negotiation, consensus-building skills, and passion to learn new technologies