Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London – UK, London – Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
We are looking for an outgoing Junior Account Manager to help uncover, nurture, and build relationships in accounts across APAC. The ideal candidate will have a history of success in startup environments with a proven ability to work as part of a team, build something where nothing exists, and instil instant trust and accountability with customer, partner and internal relationships.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Book onsite meetings, client visits, remote video calls and ensure paying customers’ challenges are taken care of with smooth roll out to production
- Manage existing customers renewals and upsells on new product & support offerings
- Be able to qualify sales opportunities and ask high level technical and business related questions in order to qualify and prioritise leads and new opportunities
- Maintain up-to-date sales pipeline in CRM when required and generate quotations
- Work closely with consulting engineers and product teams to review leads and resolve technical queries during customers’ implementation stage.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to identify and plan events applicable to the business
- Identify case study opportunities with customers
- Work with the VP of Sales to develop partnerships and key accounts across APAC to
help scale Tyk rapidly
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- History of handling cold calls, new demos, customer escalations, and all customer
- Ability to present proposals and articulate core value propositions
- Proven track record of quota achievement
- Knowledge of the technical stack, including database, middleware, APIs, cloud
- Solid digital background with understanding and/or hands on experience in software development or related technical fields
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful account through initial
engagement, proposal, delivery and renewal
- Experience managing cross functional global technology teams within a customer environment
- Experience managing large, complex accounts remotely
- Experience managing partner relationships who are working on behalf of paying customers
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io