OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
As consumers wave goodbye to ownership, join us as we help companies win on their journey to usership!
Our Information Technology (IT) team is Zuora's internal technology organization, responsible for creating technology experiences that connect our teams, drive business alignment and build a stronger, more collaborative work “place.” With a cloud-first approach, we empower our global ZEOs with increased productivity and self-service to enable company growth, scale, and flexibility while hardening our security and compliance posture.
Within IT, Enterprise Applications are covered by three teams: Front Office/Go-To-Market, Finance & Administration, and Quote-to-Cash (QTC). This position reports to the Sr. Director Applications; it currently has two business system analysts as direct reports plus openings for two offshore system administrators. Additionally, there is indirect support by a mix of project managers, scrum masters, architects, and developers.
THE OPPORTUNITY / YOUR MISSION
In this critical role, you will directly contribute to IT’s vision to make Zuora the world’s best-run subscription business, powered by Zuora’s own SaaS suite:
- You will lead, manage, and mentor the IT team that designs, implements, and maintains best-in-class systems that enable our Finance QTC teams to get work done efficiently and effectively.
- You will partner with the Finance QTC program team to drive continuous improvement and best practices within our own QTC people, processes, policies, and tools.
- As a product owner for the QTC applications, you will define the vision and anticipate business needs, prioritize user stories through backlog refinement, act as a liaison between development team and business stakeholders, and drive sprints with operational rigor.
- You will enable Zuora’s future growth and scale by intelligently automating processes and operations.
- As Zuora’s “Customer Zero” through our Zuora-on-Zuora program (ZoZ), you will influence our product’s roadmap with enhancements that benefit not only ourselves but also other customers. You may also serve as an internal reference for prospective customers.
- As a key member of the IT Management team, you will drive innovation and positive change to our internal IT processes that allow us to scale along with the business and ensure SOX compliance.
OUR TECH STACK: You will be responsible for our internal implementation of Zuora CPQ, Zuora Billing, Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect, Avalara, payment gateways, and related integrations. Other relevant tools include Salesforce, FinancialForce, NetSuite, Google Workspace, Slack, and Lucidchart.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Within the first 30 days:
- You will get acquainted with Zuora, your team, and cross-functional stakeholders inside and outside of IT. You will begin to build trust with them and understand the nuances of each of their teams and processes.
- You will review and refine your onboarding plan with your manager, clearly defining your objectives together along with the resources/support needed to make you and your team successful.
- You will understand how your work fits into the overall strategy and what is needed from you to positively contribute to that strategy.
- You will begin to familiarize yourself with our tech stack and overall environment, focusing on QTC processes and applications.
- You will understand your team’s responsibilities and their current priorities.
- Within the first 90 days:
- You will continue building on all of the above.
- You will create a plan for how you will contribute to our overall strategy and success.
- You will take ownership and oversight of your team’s operational processes.
- You will be setting priorities, providing guidance, and giving support to your team.
- You will be regularly communicating with your stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- You will get involved in our CPQ X implementation project, likely taking on a leadership role to drive that forward.
- You will have a strong understanding of your applications, product backlog, current bugs and pain points. You will use that understanding to define and refine a roadmap for new features and functionality.
- You will be the IT lead / Product Owner for our recurring delivery sprints.
- By 6-9 months:
- You will have an in-depth understanding of your QTC Applications domain.
- You will have successfully completed several projects that deliver measurable business value.
- You are leading your team in the delivery of positive change through regular sprints.
- You will take ownership of the partnership with our R&D team to build new features into the core Zuora products.
- You have established yourself as a trusted advisor and leader among your stakeholders. You have built strong relationships that you leverage to enable mutual success.
- You stay abreast of new product enhancements and regularly adopt the relevant features in our instance.
WHAT WE THINK YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years of relevant industry or consulting experience in the design, implementation, and running of QTC/Subscription Management/Revenue Recognition systems, preferably at SaaS companies
- 2+ years as a people manager required, including a track record of leading and developing high-performing teams
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field and/or accounting or other business-related field;
- Direct experience with Zuora CPQ, Zuora Billing, Zuora Revenue, and Zuora Collect
- Zuora Certifications are preferred
- NetSuite, Avalara, and/or FinancialForce experience is helpful
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the QTC process and its position within the Lead-to-Cash process
- A self-starter mentality and a desire to make a positive, lasting impact
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Ability to manage teams and stakeholders in global locations
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Experience with SOX compliance at publicly traded companies
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies
- Ability to think strategically about the big picture but also execute hands-on tactical, detail-oriented tasks (i.e., a player-coach)
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.