*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS campus (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
The IT Manager role in UNIDAYS has overall responsibility for the internal IT function, from coaching and managing the people within the team to owning the day-to-day management of the internal service desk and IT systems.
The role sits within the Product and Engineering department (P&E) and reports to the Head of IT & Security.
In order to be successful in the role, you will need to care about delivering a good service to the business as well as having strong empathy and caring deeply about helping the team grow and members achieve their own career goals whilst ensuring alignment with the broader UNiDAYS goals.
Day to day responsibilities
The day to day responsibilities of the IT Manager (6 month contract) include:
- Overall management responsibility for the internal IT function globally, including setting and reporting against key performance indicators to ensure we are focusing on the right things and prioritising accordingly
- Management of the IT service lifecycle from service design and operation through to continuous improvement
- Reporting on the headline status of the IT team, IT service desk, and any ongoing improvement or maintenance projects
- Working within a budget envelope, assisting with forward planning and reforecasting where required
- Manage incoming projects and incidents that come into the IT team
- Being a role model, continually raising the bar for IT excellence
- Mentoring, coaching and developing team members, including regular 1:1s and feeding into reviews where necessary
- Keeping an environment of trust and psychological safety for the teams you manage and across the department as a whole
- Fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement, including auditing existing processes and making recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working environment that puts people first
- Communicate across the entire business to understand global IT requirements, and identify areas for growth and change
- Mentoring existing members of the IT team to guide them with career development and the next stages of their careers
What we need from you
In order to be your best self in this role, you will have:
- A passion for people. This will manifest in developing and nurturing your team as well as in the relationships that you build with your peers across the organisation
- A learning and growth mindset
- Energy, positivity, and excellent communication and motivational skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Proven track record in managing IT/technical teams to provide value to business needs
- Experience of managing conflicting and demanding stakeholders, and prioritising work
- A deep understanding of technology and the issues your team will face
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within the business with global reach. We are the world’s largest Student Affinity Network, with over 22 million verified members in 115 markets including the US, UK, Germany, India, Canada and Australia. We work with 800 of the world’s biggest brands globally, taking their products and services into the hearts and minds of tomorrow’s professionals, delivering engagement, building affinity and sales. You’ll also be working for a Great Place to Work CertifiedTM company who have been recognised on the UK’s Best WorkplacesTM for Wellbeing 2022 list. To find out more about our workplace initiatives, see our UK exclusive case study with Great Place to Work and be sure to visit our profile for more information.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact. We believe that work should enhance and complement your life which is why we leave it up to you to decide where you work. You can choose to work from your assigned campus (either Nottingham or London) or from home, whatever works best for your individual needs. Your manager may request you attend team meet ups at your campus but other than that it is up to you! We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package.
Our perks include:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service, plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- 4pm finishes every Friday
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- Private health insurance (Vitality)
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Core hours with flexibility around how/when you manage your time
- Regular team building activities
- The latest tech and hardware will be supplied from day one
- Good Vibes Program: we know we’ve all had to adapt to new ways of working and UNiDAYS has always taken pride in the community we’ve created in the office but we’re just as committed to creating an innovative approach to fostering connections and improving engagement outside of the office! We want to boost your remote working experience so think virtual parties, pottery classes, wellness classes and guest speakers just to name a few!
- Support for home working for all new team members. We will help assess your home set up and you can expense £150 towards any additional furniture you may need to be safe and comfortable when working from home
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.