About the Role:
As an iOS Engineer on Papaya's Consumer team, you will contribute to new offerings and core products to improve user experience, develop new features, and drive outcomes for major business goals. You can expect to solve hard technical problems, and will work with engineers, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders on projects requiring any iOS development. Success in this role means continuously enhancing the core and UI/UX parts of Papaya's iOS app while helping make product development easier and faster for the rest of the team.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
Remote engineers within Latin America are welcome to apply. Depending on your skills and experience, you can expect to make somewhere between $5,000 to $7,000 per month upon joining the company.
What you would be doing:
- Find creative solutions to technical problems.
- Write clean, testable, well designed and maintainable code.
- Work primarily with Swift and iOS SDK.
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions and documentation.
- Work within an agile team (daily stand-ups, planning and retrospective meetings).
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders.
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- 3+ years of experience on iOS SDK and Swift.
- Good understanding of design patterns & Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with package management (Cocoapods, SPM) and project modularization.
- Experience writing unit and UI tests.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling: Git, GitLab, Fastlane, Bitrise, etc.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks is a major plus.
- Great verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
We’d be especially excited if you have experience with reactive programming, in particular with RxSwift or Combine. If you have prior experience in Fin-tech and/or Health-tech, don’t forget to mention it.
Papaya is a modern fintech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate the frustration of paying bills. We are building technology to help address American families’ number one source of stress, finances, while also helping billers of all sizes and from all industries get paid faster and more often.
At Papaya, we love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2021, 2022, and 2023! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 100k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.