We are looking for an iOS Software Engineer to join our engineering team at CraftJack to help us build great products. We will look to you as an important member of our small team as we tackle important challenges to keep our technology ahead of the curve. CraftJack’s products reach millions of consumers and professionals in the ever-expanding, increasingly competitive home improvement services industry. We are a fully remote company and if you’re ready to work with a dedicated team focused on cutting edge technological solutions, please join us!.
What is the vision for this role?
We’re looking for a passionate iOS engineer to help us evolve CraftJack’s app into the main focal point for our customers and their leads. You’ll be the first hire in a new mobile team and be responsible for shaping our mobile culture and technical decisions as we grow. We see our app as critical to CraftJack’s future and we’re looking for somebody to own mobile engineering and help fulfill our team’s vision. Our existing app is small and is a highly modularised Swift codebase. We have continuous integration for builds and all App Store uploads are automated using App Center. A great fit for this role is someone who is ready to take an active part in architecting and building solutions using SOLID principles that can help our team produce software more efficiently and reliably.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of software development experience focused on iOS development.
- An in-depth understanding of the iOS ecosystem.
- A solid understanding of unit testing, TDD, and automated testing. We can’t stress thisenough!
- Shares a passion for crafting great UX on iOS, according to Apple’s HIGs and best
- Experience with Objective-C is a plus (though our app is 100% Swift).
- Experience working with databases using SQL.
- Familiar with AWS tools like Lambda, API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
- Experience using api tools such as PostMan
- Familiar with software development methodologies; including Agile and Scrum.
- Exposure to using source control systems and workflows in a small team environment –
- preferably with Git and Gitflow.
- Be driven and positive with the ability to thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, innovative and
- creative environment.
What is the team like?
- We want to use the best tool for the job… if there is something better then let's try it.
- We are Agile and work in two-week sprints.
- We are disciplined when it comes to testing. We have a large suite of automated tests
- covering our web, backend, and mobile applications.
- We want to have fun at work. Work hard, play hard.
- We spend time training new people who join the team and adjust how we work together via retrospectives.
What would be my career trajectory?
As a company we have a very flat hierarchy. Your direct manager will be Ryan Ferretti (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanferretti) and his boss is our CEO, Chris Brown (https://www.linkedin.com/in/brown784). If you care about building experience by releasing great software, accomplishing goals, and learning new things, this is the right place for you. If you care about titles and meetings, this is not the right place for you. Our belief is there will always be “the next job” so push yourself to learn and grow in the time you are here.
What is work like at CraftJack?
CraftJack is an emerging online referral service that is an operating brand of HomeAdvisor, the leading online marketplace helping homeowners and home service professionals connect.
Think of CraftJack as a startup without all of the risks: no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code, no watered-down coffee, and no stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do great things with us.
We aren’t going to sugar-coat everything. We have our challenges like every other business. Where we separate ourselves is having the willingness and motivation to take our challenges head-on before they grow.
Where is the office?
We are a fully remote company but also understand the importance of having a space to collaborate when necessary. We have a space in the Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago that people can visit if they are in town. We have been fully remote since March 2020, so this role will continue to be remote first. We have a take-as-you-need vacation policy because we know how important it is for everyone to be refreshed when they come to work.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $95,000 – $115,000 based on experience and interview performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation.