Founded in 2015, Imperfect Foods, a Certified B CorporationTM (B CorpTM), is the leading online grocer at the forefront of eliminating food waste and building a better food system. We work directly with farmers and producers to rescue, redistribute, and develop goods across multiple grocery categories, and to date have rescued more than 150 million pounds of food from lesser outcomes. Our customers enjoy a customizable service that is more affordable and more environmentally friendly than the average trip to the grocery store.
At Imperfect Foods, we’re on a mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone.
Net Zero Carbon Commitment:
Imperfect Foods pledged to become a net-zero carbon operation by 2030. To do that, we’re working to optimize every part of our business operations and supply chain to mitigate waste, and are switching to 100% renewable energy in our fulfillment centers and vehicle fleet by 2027.
Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable for the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.
The Inventory Planner is on the Planning & Analytics Merchandising team. They will be responsible for managing future forecasts, current inventory levels, order placement, and analytics. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Buying.
- Consistently meeting quarterly metrics including sales and inventory plans based on forecast accuracy, on-time deliveries, in-stock rate, and overall inventory levels.
- Demonstrate logical analytical abilities, creative problem-solving skills, and financially sound judgment to deliver conclusions and recommendations to the Senior Manager of Buying and cross-functional teams.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly sales and inventory reporting to the entire Merch team and deliver POV on the opportunities within the business.
- Manage a monthly Open to buy at the category level- including sales trends and inventory forecasting
- Forecasting at the item and fulfillment center level quantities needed within assigned categories to meet sales plans, minimize shrink risk, and hit planned inventory level targets.
- Purchase Order management. This includes creating Purchase Orders, verifying all information on purchase orders is correct, sending purchase orders to vendors, and tracking purchase orders until they deliver to our fulfillment centers.
- Work with Merchandising and Brand to implement promo/ad internal programs, ensuring success from beginning to end by providing inventory metrics as well as historical sales analytics
- Assist finance with resolving PO and invoice discrepancies. Coordinate with receivers to verify arrivals. Work with vendors to resolve any quality or quantity issues.
- Work closely with your Category Manager partner to ensure the merchandising strategy is aligned with the company mission and sales and inventory targets.
- Manage weekly business opportunities to create innovative and efficient solutions to business opportunities and risks to the organization
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience in Merchandise Planning and/or Demand Planning
- Experience in quickly solving issues and working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Google Sheets/Docs, and ERP systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- You’re highly energetic and friendly attitude, ready to learn
- You’re extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- You’re able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You love the opportunity to meet challenges and take preventative action for solutions
- You work well in a highly active team in a collaborative environment
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time exempt position
- The position is fully remote
- Salary range: $65,000 to $76,000
- Benefits package including Bonus, Health Care, PTO, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets