Are you looking for an opportunity to join a young startup and make an immediate and lasting impact as the company scales?
Learner is an education company that accelerates learning. We believe learning is accelerated when content mastery is combined with passion.
It is our goal to be the inflection point in a student’s education, unlocking the potential that is naturally inside of them.
Our founding team has a track record of building multiple $100M+ revenue companies, has an extensive background in education, and we are looking for additional lifelong learners who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students.
We are hiring an Inbound Sales Specialist who wants to positively impact the lives of students across the country. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the best tutors in the world to help students accelerate their learning. You’ll work directly with the CEO on the ground floor, set the inbound sales department up for scale, work closely with the marketing team to improve the quality and quantity of our leads, as well as support the company’s growth.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll consult with parents via phone, email and SMS to deeply understand their student’s educational needs and match them with the best possible tutor. You’ll typically make about 45 warm calls per day.
- Performance will be measured by the volume of prospects you speak with each week as well as your success in converting them into active customers.
- Be responsive to the needs of the prospect as their key point-of-contact and represent the mission and voice of Learner.
- Keep leads warm and provide relevant information with active follow-up
- Maintain extensive knowledge of our tutoring services and how they help our clients
- Become intimately familiar with our tutoring team, their areas of expertise, and what prospects are a strong fit for them given their expertise.
- Work effectively with our Success Management team to ensure initial sessions are executed properly
- You’ll optimize our sales funnel and ensure we’re exceeding goals
Who You Are
- Relentlessly Resourceful: You have a high motor, lots of energy and are self-motivated. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and see challenges and change as opportunities
- Great Conversationalist: Talking to others is easy for you. You are an active listener, persistent, persuasive and you’re compelling when speaking. You are at your most comfortable, meeting new people, learning about them and figuring out what makes them tick. You would never describe yourself as shy and you’re not afraid to ask hard questions.
- Data Driven and Goal Oriented: You like numbers and feel comfortable in a spreadsheet. You can look for patterns in data and figure out ways to use that information to help you improve.
- Problem Solver With A Customer Oriented Approach: Comfortable saying yes to clients and figuring it out after; ability to find solutions even when it has not been laid out yet; comfortable in ambiguity.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communicator
- Humble, Hungry and Smart: You’re a team player and check your ego at the door. You learn complex concepts quickly and distill them to others in a simpler way. You’re ambitious, hard-working and proactively pursue the company’s mission reflected by high energy and activity.
- Compassionate and Curious: You understand and empathize with each client’s unique situation through effective questions, active listening, and a strong desire to help.
- Coachable: You love feedback. You take and apply your learnings to improve every day
- Organized: You’re methodical, efficient and are known for creating processes to plan for how you manage your leads
- Competitive: You’re driven to improve performance and deliver superior results each and every day
- High Performer: You have a history of top performance and remarkable achievement
What You’ll Bring
- 1-2 years experience in B2C inbound or outbound sales. Experience at a high growth, tech start-up is preferred
- Genuine curiosity, intellectual hunger and critically thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savviness and ability to navigate different software tools (CRM, google calendar, Zendesk, slack, etc)
- Experience in the education field would be a plus.