Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara’s Mid-Market Customer Success team advises and guides our customers, ensuring they adopt Samsara and continuously gain business value from our products. We are the trusted point of contact for Samsara’s Mid-Market customers throughout their lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal.
In this role, you will be part of our Implementation team, responsible for helping Mid-Market customers deploy and adopt our IoT solutions for their fleet and industrial assets. Picking up where our sales teams leave off, you will own the customer relationship and ensure a successful deployment of Samsara's solution. Your customers span the entire range of businesses that power our economy, including trucking and transportation, food and beverage, passenger transit, utilities, school buses, and many others. All the while building relationships with the customer, helping them learn our system and overall ensuring a successful customer relationship.
Your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside and connecting Sales, Support, Sales Engineering, and Product, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a fast-growing company from within.
This role requires exceptional customer-facing communication skills, the ability to quickly understand a customer's business, and comfort explaining technology products to both executives and day-to-day users. In addition to this, you will champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
In this role, you will:
- Be on the front-lines and ensure our customers increase the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of their operations with our IoT platform
- Manage the deployment of Samsara technology to Mid-Market customers, enabling customers to achieve quick time to value in their investment
- Create launch plans and a roadmap to increase product usage
- Track implementation progress, participation, product adoption, and account health
- Run training sessions, demonstrate Samsara’s technology, and work through challenges with executives and day-to-day users of the system across numerous use cases
- Juggle multiple customer engagements in parallel and work cross-functionally to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers
- Deeply understand the Samsara platform’s capabilities and explain them to customers of all types
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of experience in a senior Customer Success, account management, or strategic consulting role. Mid-Market SaaS experience preferred.
- This is a demanding position with high internal visibility, that requires strong priority management and high emotional intelligence
- Experience supporting or working with technical products
- Excellent consultative skills with experience in end-to-end system implementations
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, day-to-day users of our software
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with insistence on high standards
- Experience serving a large and complex customer base in B2B SaaS
- Thrives in an unstructured, fast-paced, and change-heavy environment
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.