HAUS in Los Angeles is looking for a long-term, part-time Illustrator with a specialty in conceptual iconography and illustration systems to join our collaborative and diversely talented team.
You’re a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You have a strong point of view on concept and design that can move people at scale. You have a strong passion for innovation and an exceptional sense of craftsmanship. You can execute at both a pixel and conceptual level and collaborate cross functionally with designers and engineers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Designing and concepting icons & illustrations that not only follow the established illustration design guidelines, but also scale across multiple canvases and use cases.
- Developing ideas that push the boundaries of product design and brand storytelling
- Communicating Icon & illustration ideas to stakeholders in clear, concise ways
- Working collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with writers, designers, engineers, strategists, illustrators, and product managers
- Translating complex strategic approaches into easily accessible creative concepts
- 8+ years of experience at agency/in-house concepting and creating ideas for brand and product
- Experience using and designing within Figma
- Experience creating accessible, diverse illustrations and iconography systems
- Experience creating and directing production-ready icons and illustrations that works across multiple platforms
- Experience directing illustrators and icon designers in the creation of brand assets ranging from product icons, to pictograms, to spot illustrations, to hero illustrations
- Experience bringing ideas to life with high quality comps and prototypes use creative software and other tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience in product design and design thinking
- Experience with self-initiated projects
- Detailed-oriented with a thinker/maker mindset
Remote, flexible schedule w/ long-term stability: On average, 20 hrs/week (with potential for more, depending on demand)
ONLY ONLINE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. DO NOT REACH OUT TO ANYONE DIRECTLY.