At Shields, we pride ourselves on our culture of inclusion and kindness and the difference we make in patients' lives every day. We are tremendously proud to be certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ two years in a row. In 2022, we were awarded US Fortune Best Workplaces in Health Care™, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ & Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™.
Improving lives and elevating performance are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why more health system leaders trust Shields to elevate access, outcomes and growth within specialty pharmacy — delivering value throughout the entire health system. Leveraging our proven Shields Performance Platform – we deliver the financial results that health systems demand and the superior outcomes patients deserve. With the foremost leaders in specialty pharmacy on our team; proven success partnering with more than 70 health systems; and a vested interest in delivering measurable results – we are the partner health systems trust to transform their specialty pharmacy into a powerful growth engine and elevate performance where it matters most.
At Shields we understand that our business thrives when our teams thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals! We are seeking an HR Business Partner who is highly focused on relationship building, has exceptional judgement and is comfortable with situations that may not be black or white… you must be comfortable with the ‘grey’! This individual should be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills. You’ll need to be flexible and willing to help out wherever you may be needed, that may mean jumping on a new special project or helping out with recruiting, training & development as needed. We are heavily focused on being a team here in the HR department. Therefore, the right candidate will be excited to be a part of a high performing team and know how to work seamlessly as a contributing member of a greater team!
- Serve as a respected resource for employees and managers on various employee relations matters including but not limited to performance management, attendance, PTO usage, medical and personal leave management and policy violations
- Serves as an ambassador for a highly engaged workforce; constantly seeking to drive and improve the culture of our organization
- Work in conjunction with the VP Human Resources and HR Operations Director on various analytics and reporting both in and out of ADP
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Assist with the annual review process, inclusive of both performance review and merit processes
- Proactively suggests new alternatives to current HR practices to help build programs and processes that allow the company to scale.
- Strong project management skills desired.
- Facilitate & help to build ad-hoc leadership development training as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field preferred
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. ADP) will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Outstanding judgement and common sense
Shields Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.