CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Practice Manager for our health market. This position may be filled anywhere in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates that can work in one of the CannonDesign locations. If you think your passion, skills and experience are a good match, we’d love to hear from you. We are looking for ambitious, creative, curious, empathetic people to join the ranks of CannonDesign and be part of our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Practice Manager for the health market, you will work in partnership with the Director(s) of our global health practice as well as our firm-wide leaders of our brand, marketing, and business development (BMBD) team. Your role will focus on implementing the overall vision of our health practice through development of creative, innovative, and actionable business strategies and supporting our talented network of Health Practice Leaders and subject matter experts in delivering the strategy at an office level. You will execute against the business needs and internal operations of our health practice across the firm, with emphasis on practice strategy, performance, strategic brand marketing and high-profile initiatives to drive the practice’s growth and innovation over the next five years and beyond. As part of a core leadership team supporting the Health Director(s), you will wear lots of hats—strategist, operations guru, problem-solver and chief-of-staff. Your finger will be on the pulse of the practice and the business of health inside and outside the firm. You will develop stellar relationships with plenty of people—everyone in health, our entire BMBD team, our colleagues in science & technology and education—and in our business lines. Consider yourself a key voice for the practice and a liaison for people to navigate the world of health across CannonDesign. Most important is your connection to the Health Director(s), who will rely on you to keep the practice firing on all cylinders.
AREA OF FOCUS
Practice Strategy & Implementation
- Partner with Health Director(s) on practice strategy and differentiation, and development of a growth plan with strategic priorities for success, including expertise, services, clients, geographies and investment.
- Guide the translation of the national strategy into regional and office strategies as actionable plans that reach client and marketing goals through facilitated planning and ongoing progress.
- Conduct and manage market research on industry trends to inform the growth of the sector. Includes insight from direct client outreach, industry events and feedback provided by Health Practice Leaders, Client Leaders and SMEs.
- Fully understand our people and project expertise—become the go-to resource for information and advice.
- Work in close partnership with Health Director(s) to keep practice initiatives aligned with firm initiatives. This includes coordinating business and strategic planning for health, communicating with offices throughout the process and proactively monitoring progress.
- Facilitate development of our health practice strategic plan, including a 3-5 year plan that includes revenue and volume targets, growth avenues, and operational, marketing and topline strategies.
- Work with Health Director(s) to develop and manage budgets.
- Lead development of the Health Practice Business Plan. Work with the Health Director(s), Health Practice Leaders and Business Development Leaders to assess market position and develop a national annual business plan.
Research, Analysis, Knowledge Sharing
- Facilitate and provide market research analysis to gain and apply market-specific knowledge to be more successful and guide growth.
- Review practice performance, identify areas of risk and formulate action plans.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and sounding board to Health Practice Leaders. Proactively and independently identify and analyze problems, develop solutions and deliver results.
- Partner with our Knowledge Management and Marketing teams to develop and maintain a rigorous approach to content management.
- Develop messaging for core team and board meetings, practice meetings, conferences and more relative to vision and business strategies.
- Develop messaging for monthly, quarterly and other periodic meetings and practice events.
- Identify opportunities and devise strategies to improve brand consistency in the market and cross-market, as measured by client perception surveys and other metrics.
- Work with Health Director(s), Health Practice Leaders and Business Development Leaders to drive business plan strategy and execution. Leverage market research, competitive intelligence and internal data to formulate plans that align with health’s strategic framework and achieve the right balance of new clients, existing clients and cross-selling opportunities.
- Conduct marketing trend research, including attendance at select conferences.
- Strategic Program Initiatives – Support the Initiative Champions and Health Director(s) as necessary.
- Special Events/Colloquia – Lead the strategy and development of health-wide events for culture building and education.
- Core Team Presentations – Support the Health Director(s) to develop content as required.
- Support the Health Director(s) to develop content for bespoke presentations for road shows, potential acquisitions and other needs.
- Liaise and partner with BMBD Team in the development and execution of these responsibilities.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field of expertise.
- 15+ years’ experience in similar/related role in a professional services environment preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and ability to work in various software applications as needed. Familiarity with Sharepoint and Miro are also a plus.
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics) a plus.
- Able to travel.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.