Head of Occupancy & Environments
waymo Mountain View, CA; San Francisco, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Remote (West Coast) Full-time 2022-07-27
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s dynamic working environment is steered by experts like you. As the Head of Occupancy & Environments you will be responsible for defining our occupancy strategy and space planning programs, inclusive of our in-office hybrid solutions for capacity optimization and portfolio efficiency while ensuring strategic business alignment and robust stakeholder engagement. You will be a key driver and influencer for the success of Waymo’s Future of Work, leading change management initiatives. You will also work in close collaboration with the Head of Real Estate in defining the look and feel of our physical spaces, inclusive of playbooking design standards (e.g., furniture, wayfinding and palette) in an extremely fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity and capital constraints. Process excellence, collaboration, and detailed cross-org communications are critical.
This role reports to the Director of Real Estate & Workplace Services and is located in Mountain View, CA; San Francisco, CA; Phoenix, AZ; and Remote US West.
In this role you'll:
- Lead the team that serves as aggregator for Workplace planning activities, including headcount/space forecasting and occupancy planning; identifying optimal seating, inclusive of stacking plans, team neighborhoods and adjacencies, team seating solutions within capacity and support client decision-making.
- Demonstrated Change Management leadership experience in building, managing, mentoring and inspiring diverse project teams of cross-functional stakeholders and initiatives to meet business goals with project vision, mission and strategy.
- Work in close collaboration with the Workplace Services Lead on the execution and delivery of special projects such as Future of Work and Hybrid In-Office collaborative work environments, as well as MAC program.
- Ensure global consistency in delivery of services and equity, by creating occupancy playbooks, standards, etc.; partnering with the Head of Real Estate to develop scalable environmental design and furniture standards.
- Advanced ability to create relationships, influence, collaborate and lead internally/ externally at all organizational levels, and thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment, anticipating and understanding the requests from different client groups and developing options that account for competing priorities.
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills, with outstanding attention to detail and ability to take initiative, build productive relationships and influence effectively across various levels of stakeholders.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 10 years of occupancy planning and change management experience with an emphasis on stakeholder management and engagement experience, especially at global and/or executive level.
It's preferred if you have:
- Design expertise and Project Management experience for interiors, leading architects designing with low capital investments and tight schedule constraints.
- Analytical acumen and familiarity with space planning applications (OfficeSpace, etc.)
- A track record of strategic program implementation and proven objective analysis within highly matrixed organizations in an atmosphere where speed, flexibility and frugality are the norm.
- Experience partnering with facilities and brand stakeholders.
- Drive to work in a startup environment, ideally in the tech industry.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.