The Head of DEIB is responsible for internal and external representation, thought leadership, strategy, design and execution of Eleanor’s DEIB plan. The role collaborates with Executive, Senior Leadership and Leadership teams to ensure that all Eleanor Health strategies, processes, policies, procedures and operations are designed and executed with DEIB as a central driving force.
Reporting to Chief People Officer and CEO, the role sits at the intersection of people and product, and will touch all things culture and people to enhance team engagement and effectiveness while improving clinical and business results: health equity, inclusion, advocacy, partnerships, community members, team members, community relationships and more.
This role sits on the Senior Leadership Team to make sure we have a focused DEIB voice in every senior leadership conversation.
- The Head of DEIB is focused both externally and internally – externally, he or she is responsible for ensuring that our product and marketing meet the needs of and reach diverse community members (patients) and internally, will help to create a culture of belonging and drive diversity for Eleanor employees
- Serve as Executive Sponsor role for Eleanor Black Lives Matter Committee, Black Eleanor and other ERGs as they emerge
- Serve as DEIB Ombudsman, working with community and team members to assist them in determining options to help resolve DEIB-related conflicts, problematic issues or concerns, and to bring systemic concerns to the attention of the organization for resolution
- Evaluate existing data and in collaboration with functional leaders, identify and understand DEIB gaps and disparities across all business and clinical outcomes
- Design and executing plan to perform against Health Evolution REaLs pledge
- Design and implement plan to move Eleanor from Quadruple Aim to Quintuple Aim
- Launch plan for diverse ERGs portfolio
- Collaborate with functional leaders to establish and perform on DEIB KPIs
- Collaborate with marketing and community member (patient) engagement teams to design and execute specific initiatives to drive diversity of community membership
- Collaborate with clinical and medical teams to design and execute specific initiatives to evaluate and address identified disparities in Eleanor Health clinical outcomes
- Collaborate with marketing team to design internal and external thought leadership strategy
- Develop DEIB balanced scorecard
- Provide monthly and quarterly DEIB reporting with accompanying materials appropriate for dissemination to internal and external audiences.
- Other duties as needed
- MBA or Masters in Healthcare Administration and/or comparable experience as a senior business leader is required
- Demonstrated success in establishing company DEIB strategy and agenda and in leading initiatives that have resulted in measurable impact on employee retention, product design and delivery and messaging that reach diverse customers is required
- Expert in facilitating crucial conversations to support a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging is required
- Experience in healthcare services delivery environment with deep understanding of drivers of health equity strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills
- An action-oriented builder who is comfortable working in a start-up environment with limited resources that will grow along with the business
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly empathetic, non-judgmental, and open-minded
- Experience in a collaborative team environment
- Mission driven and motivated to join an organization that will transform the way we deliver accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space
- Able to work across teams and functions, self-starter who quickly identifies what needs to be done and takes ownership
- Able to travel as needed (aprox. 10%)
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is the first outpatient addiction and mental health provider delivering convenient and comprehensive care through a value-based payment structure. Committed to health and wellbeing without judgment, Eleanor Health is focused on delivering whole-person, comprehensive care to transform the quality, delivery, and accessibility of care for people affected by addiction.
To date, Eleanor Health operates multiple clinics and a fully virtual model statewide across Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington, delivering care through population and value-based partnerships with national and regional payors, employers, and other stakeholders.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice, and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full-time