Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 11,000+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as the Head of Corporate Accounts – Retail & Distribution.
In this role you will lead a team of circa 25 Corporate Account Management professionals including Sub Sector Heads, Account Directors, Account Managers and Account Support Managers responsible for the business relationship between Biffa and its Corporate clients, covering commercial results, growth/development, contract negotiations, compliance, customer satisfaction and retention. The Head of Corporate Accounts for the sector will use their skills to develop a strategy for the business sector and manage the teams’ activities/development to implement the strategy and deliver a consistent and high-quality service.
Working with the Sales Director you will develop and execute an Account Management strategy for the sector to meet Biffa’s vison and purpose.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Leading, managing and developing a successful corporate account sector.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships and identify opportunities for growing sales with existing customers.
- Maintain Biffa as the leading Corporate Account waste partner.
- Ensuring that Corporate Accounts are managed to Account plan and budget.
- Identify bespoke and circular solutions for corporate clients.
- Working with the development teams to deliver innovations to the existing Corporate Estate.
- Working alongside like-minded waste professionals in a brilliantly diverse environment built on transparency – not bureaucracy.
- A chance to join a forward-thinking, industry leader that openly welcomes self-driven individuals who are unafraid to question convention.
Here’s what we require:
- Significant Account Management experience with large Corporate Clients
- Proven leadership and people management experience
- Experience of managing a large team and successfully within a team
- Excellent Knowledge and experience in Corporate Sales
- Proven stakeholder management both internally and externally
- Business planning and performance
- Portfolio Analysis, market segmentation and competitor analysis.
- Financial Analysis, planning, and reporting
- Well-developed Negotiation Skills
- Excellent engagement and influencing skills.
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Company car / Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Generous pension scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.