As Signifyd’s Head of Commercial Legal, you will be a key leader in our Legal team. Reporting directly to Signifyd’s General Counsel, this is a high visibility, high impact role, offering an exciting opportunity to define and build the commercial legal strategy for Signifyd.
This role is for someone who is a proven and experienced leader in the commercial legal space, with a passion for creativity, innovation and leveraging technology to scale a commercial legal function. You will be responsible for partnering with our sales, security, finance and other business teams to develop and deliver efficient, scalable approaches to commercial matters. You will also lead a team of attorneys and contract managers responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex commercial contracts with Signifyd’s customers, business partners, and vendors around the world.
You should enjoy close collaboration with legal and non-legal colleagues and generally, approach legal issues practically and with a problem solving mindset.
This position can be based anywhere in the US, either fully remote or in one of our offices (ideally SF Bay Area, Denver or NYC).
- Manage the commercial legal function at Signifyd (including establishing and driving OKRs and overseeing the budget of the function).
- Drive the overall vision, implementation and scale of the commercial legal function, through process automation, legal technology and other efficiencies.
- Own / oversee the development of commercial legal forms in connection with new product launches, strategic partnerships and other strategic goals of the company.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge for current market best practices and standards for complex commercial contracting, with proficiency in SaaS, cloud, software, IP licensing, data privacy, marketing, strategic partnerships and procurement.
- Serve as both a player and a coach on the Commercial legal team
- Lead, develop and grow an already high performing team of lawyers and other legal team members who provide best in class support to Signifyd’s sales, marketing, partnership, customer success and procurement teams.
- JD degree, with admission to a state bar.
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 5-6+ years in-house at a technology company. SaaS experience preferred.
- Substantive experience in drafting and negotiating highly complex commercial agreements, including SaaS, licensing, channel partnerships and reseller/distributor agreements.
- Extensive experience scaling legal processes, with an emphasis on efficiency and scalability. Familiarity with Ironclad and other legal systems and tools.
- Experience with a global sales organization (in particular, LATAM and EMEA).
- Strong understanding of local and international privacy and data protection laws.
- Must have previous experience managing a team. Empathetic manager who is able to empower team members to achieve at a consistently high level while building trusted relationships
- Familiarity with (i) payments, fintech or financial institutions and/or (ii) machine learning models.
Benefits in our US offices:
- 4-day workweek
- Discretionary Time Off Policy (Unlimited!)
- Mental wellbeing resources
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
- 401K Match
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Social Events
- Signifyd Swag
We want to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Signifyd provides a base salary, bonus, equity and benefits to all its employees. Our posted job may span more than one career level, and offered level and salary will be determined by the applicant’s specific experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.