Job Title: Group Customer Onboarding Manager
What we are looking for:
Sonovate has exciting and aggressive expansion plans over the next few years. We plan to execute against these by winning new customers of various sizes, as well as growing our existing customer base with the delivery of new products. The onboarding function within Sonovate is where the value of our market-leading products is defined for all our customers. The main purpose of the team is to ensure customers transitioning to a new product or engaging with our funding for the first time, learn how Sonovate is going to transform their organisation, and demonstrate positive financial outcomes quickly. This is a brand new role in a growing function that will be solely responsible for taking the customer from acquisition through to full product adoption, and eventually advocacy for Sonovate. Onboarding is the most crucial part of our customer journey as it’s the first opportunity for us to prove our product’s value.
As the Customer Onboarding Manager, You and your team will play a central role in our growth and operations, acting as the lynchpin for all new incoming customers and facility transfers. This role will be varied, interesting, and challenging. It will work closely across multiple functions within the business and will be fundamental to bridging any gaps in providing the highest levels of client experience.
- Manage and direct the onboarding team to proactively guide customers through the onboarding process, owning the customer pre-funding lifecycle end to end, with accountability for creating an exceptional customer experience through the onboarding and implementation stages.
- Provide subject matter expertise and administer the UK Finance transfer process; working with the prospective customer, Underwriting, Risk, Sales, Customer Success, and the incumbent funders to smoothly complete inter-factor transfers.
- Partner with, and enable other departments to successfully accomplish their part in the customer onboarding journey, to cater to customers’ varying complexity, size, global locations, and financial requirements.
- Hold an expert-level understanding and be able to demonstrate all Sonovate products and platforms to prospective and existing customers, and be able to discuss the key benefits, limitations, and future capabilities of these products.
- Ensure that at the end of the onboarding process customers are able to use the Sonovate systems independently, integrate into third-party tech where necessary, leverage documentation, and know whom to contact for support.
- Build reports and manage detailed onboarding pipelines, acting as the trigger for the onboarding journey using internal systems and processes to create a best-in-class customer experience.
- Ensure the team maintains appropriate checklists and CRM records to provide transparency to internal stakeholders on the onboarding progress.
- Unblock any issues and challenges that may arise for customers or with internal deliverables; be creative with problem-solving and collaborate cross-functionally to mitigate risks and ensure exceptional customer experience at all times.
- Be the go-to person for the leadership team for any matters related to the customer’s onboarding journey.
- Train, lead, and develop team members enabling them to offer their best potential.
- Experience in an onboarding role or onboarding management role within an invoice finance environment, financial services, or a related FinTech with proven delivery.
- Experience in developing and deploying process changes within a dynamic, fast-paced finance environment
- Experience engaging and working with or onboarding SME and enterprise-level customers.
- Experience in the management of a debt verification process for incoming transfers.
- Experience in dissecting sales ledgers.
- Experience in working within an environment of adoption of new processes/policies and/or consistent product change.
- Experience working within a FinTech with an understanding of the process and/or end-to-end customer onboarding journeys.
What is Sonovate
Sonovate is a lending and technology business with a clear vision: To be the premier global financing platform for the ‘Future of Work’
We’ve created an end-to-end work pay solution to power the new working world. One that lets businesses unlock the power of flexible working, contract and freelance markets with none of the hard work or complications that come with old-school finance solutions.
We’re leading a revolution and changing how businesses of all shapes and sizes access finance and support to manage their freelance workforce.
About our team
It’s not just the work you do that matters but who you work alongside and it’s fair to say Sonovate would not be what is today without our people – we’re a group of high-performing, fast-moving, collaborative individuals, who are authentic and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We’ve always valued quality over quantity when expanding our team and that means that we have teams full of star players, across the board at Sonovate – sharing our experiences and building something great.
Our team live and breathe our Sonovate Values. We look to them daily when engaging with each other, our customers, making decisions and developing our goals. As we grow, our processes and strategies may change but our values will always remain at the heart of Sonovate.
As a Team We
Adapt to Change
Because we give a sh#t!
What will you get in return?
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private medical insurance with Bupa
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Techscheme with Apple and Currys PC World
- Working with latest technologies and leading SaaS providers
- Full remote working during the lockdown period, supported by Zoom, Slack,
- Eye care vouchers with Specsavers
- 50% discounted gym membership
- 50% off mobile apps (Calm, Duolingo, Audible, Les Mills)
- 2 days charity leave per year
- You’ll work for a company that is passionate about personal development and a strong community focused culture
We know that diverse teams are strong teams. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture and are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing all our employees.
Please note: All successful applicants who are offered a role at Sonovate will be required to pass background screening checks before starting with us. These checks will include National ID Checks, Right to Work, Employment References, Adverse Financial History, Criminal Record, Global Sanctions, Bankruptcy checks. Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to run you through these in detail at the early stage of your application.