Aiven provides an open-source data platform-as-a-service.
That means that customers upload their data to our open-source software. They pay us to manage the software and everything related to it, so they can focus on building their own apps and services without worrying about data.
We’ve got the will – our mission: make developers’ lives easier, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way – our values: openness, ownership and courage. We are proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and we are really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you will be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding – our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we are one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive workplace where all of us can thrive. Come and read more about us at: https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
About the position
Aiven is looking for a Go-to-Market Manager to implement the speed of our market growth and to fulfill our requirement of permanent customer centricity. In this role you will be responsible for defining and driving all sales-related activities around product go-to-markets, sales-related campaign management and geo-expansion activities.
The goal of your work is to incorporate the requirements of the sales department within the framework of cross-functional teams and to ensure the appropriate implementation of these. As Go-To-Market Manager you will be responsible for all customer-facing activities to ensure that the customer is in the center of attention and that the sales team is able to implement them in a reasonable way.
You will work closely with our Sales Leadership team, Sales Enablement, Product Marketing, Account Executives, Customer Engagement, Inside Sales, as well as our HQ marketing team, under the strategic direction of the Director Strategy & Planning.
- Build go-to-market strategies: Translate the market needs and our product offerings in a go-to-market strategy that ensures teams share the same context and any product launches or enablement are well orchestrated.
- Develop solid business case/projection for the launch and growth of new service activities
- Partner with internal teams to launch creative go-to-market campaigns: As the “voice” of the sales team, you will work closely with other departments to ideate, launch, and execute compelling campaigns that drive revenue
- Work with product development team to ensure on time / quality delivery of product roadmap
- Develop and maintain management KPIs and metrics to determine performance of your portfolio and go to market activity
- Drive the sales organisation with analyses on the success of our Sales Activities
- Work closely with local management while expanding to new markets to ensure a successful start
- 7+ years of relevant experience in B2B tech or software industry is preferred
- Experience in running go-to-market strategies and activities, to support sales objectives
- You are analytically inclined, with exceptional project management skills and rigorous attention to detail
- An excellent understanding of cloud, DevOps or SaaS business models
- Strong experience in working in cross-functional teams with diverse skill sets
- Self-starter and result-driven mentality
- A strong track record of working closely with sales
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Product Management, or a related field is preferred but not require
- Large variety of opportunities to develop and progress your career in multiple directions
- 10% of your working time can be allocated to learning and development, with a personalised plan tailored to your needs
- Diverse and international working environment
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Mobile phone of your choice and subscription
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and growing team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story. If you’re interested, send us your application and we’ll take it from there. We will begin to review the applications as they come in.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.