Tridge (https://www.tridge.com/ ) is a global agricultural trading platform that makes cross-border trade easy and frictionless. With our proprietary global sourcing hub, we go beyond matching buyers and sellers of 15,000 agricultural goods. This is facilitated through our one-stop fulfillment service that includes due diligence, supplier certificate verification, contract negotiation, packaging, shipping, customs, and many more. Powering the global sourcing hub is our data and intelligence services. Our exclusive database covers over 11 billion data points of agricultural goods and collects 50,000 data points each day. With greater transparency and real-time updates in price, quality, and trade volumes, Tridge removes the information asymmetry prevalent in many markets.
We are looking for ambitious and energetic Global Origination Managers to help us engage with local suppliers of agro products. You source new supply, build partnerships with existing and new growers and guide them with regards to production, quality, product development. You coordinate with various departments such as logistics, quality control, back office, marketing, accounting and a range of external service providers which include certifiers, agronomists, stakeholders and banks. If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with existing suppliers across the country
- Research and approach new potential suppliers
- Nurture excellent relationships with suppliers with the aim of developing long-term relationships that will help to deliver cost savings to customers
- Manage supplier delivery times, logistics and quality processes
- Negotiate and set up contracts and agree on KPIs
- Research on local products with strong demand (import potential) and report to Tridge HQ
- Education level: BSc/MSc in agriculture, business administration or similar
- Experience in coffee sourcing, cocoa or sesame trading, or other local agri-products
- Experience managing quality inspection and logistics processes
- Language proficiency: Fluent English and the local language
- Excellent trading skills
- Affinity with organic farming, fair trade and sustainability
- Familiar with pre- & post harvest technology
- Entrepreneurial spirit as well as managerial skills
- Networker, ‘peoples business’ type
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Stress resistant, can handle the imperfections of others, reflective, self-critical, solution driven, achiever
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.
Get to know more about Tridge from our press release: